Digital TV News: Foxconn
Chinese makers starting to dominate large LCD TV panel supply
Apr 30, 2019 – With Chinese panel makers accelerating the mass production of large TFT LCD TV panels faster than expected, they accounted for 33.9% of 60" and larger LCD TV panel shipments in the first quarter of 2019, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Robin Wu, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
Large TFT LCD panel shipments grew in 2018 despite market concerns
Jan 23, 2019 – Shipments of large TFT LCD panels rose again in 2018 despite concerns about oversupply. Area shipments increased by 10.6% to 197.9 million m² compared to the previous year, driven by TV and monitor panels, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, IHS Markit, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Tablet, Worldwide
PCCW's OTT service adds additional investors
Aug 10, 2017 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) is introducing Hony Capital, Foxconn Ventures and Temasek as investors in PCCW International OTT (Cayman Islands) Holdings Limited. The strategic investment will strengthen PCCW OTT’s ability to enhance its core value proposition of relevant content.
News categories: PCCW, Hony Capital, Foxconn, Janice Lee, John Zhao, Fang Ming Lu, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
Korean brands maintain top TV set share worldwide
Jun 14, 2017 – Worldwide TV shipments fell slightly more than expected in the first quarter of 2017, declining 4.7 percent to 46.7 million units as slowing price erosion led to a weakening consumer demand according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Paul Gagnon, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Foxconn chooses NetRange for smart TV ecosystems
Sep 5, 2016 – Foxconn and NetRange have announced that thanks to NetRange’s Smart TV technology, Foxconn will be able to equip its TV devices with a complete, turnkey middleware and be the first OEM to deliver ready-to-go products to the numerous renowned brands it produces for.
News categories: NetRange, Foxconn, Jan Wendt, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
DiiVA Ecosystem in Place for Home Entertainment Networking
Jan 10, 2012 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium will showcase products ready to enable homes with the next-generation home network architecture at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show, January 10-13.
News categories: DiiVA, CES2020, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
SiBEAM Showcases Growing Ecosystem of 60GHz-Based WirelessHD Products and Reveals Next Generation Solutions at CES 2011
Jan 6, 2011 – SiBEAM will showcase the growing ecosystem of 60GHz-based WirelessHD products at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2011), which begins today. SiBEAM will also demonstrate its third generation WirelessHD technology.
News categories: SiBEAM, CES2020, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
First DiiVA Prototypes Debut at CES
Jan 7, 2010 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium has announced that Sony has joined as a Promoter and Nikon and Toshiba as Contributors. The world's first DiiVA-enabled prototypes will be unveiled at the 2010 International CES.
News categories: DiiVA, Blu-ray, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
DiiVA 1.0 specification now available
Apr 22, 2009 – Aimed squarely at making the TV a simple, interactive hub of the digital home media network, the Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio (DiiVA) consortium has announced the availability of the DiiVA 1.0 specification.
News categories: DiiVA, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem