Digital TV News: Foxconn
Chinese makers starting to dominate large LCD TV panel supply
Apr 30, 2019 – With Chinese panel makers accelerating the mass production of large TFT LCD TV panels faster than expected, they accounted for 33.9% of 60" and larger LCD TV panel shipments in the first quarter of 2019, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Robin Wu, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
Large TFT LCD panel shipments grew in 2018 despite market concerns
Jan 23, 2019 – Shipments of large TFT LCD panels rose again in 2018 despite concerns about oversupply. Area shipments increased by 10.6% to 197.9 million m² compared to the previous year, driven by TV and monitor panels, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, IHS Markit, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Tablet, Worldwide
PCCW's OTT service adds additional investors
Aug 10, 2017 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) is introducing Hony Capital, Foxconn Ventures and Temasek as investors in PCCW International OTT (Cayman Islands) Holdings Limited. The strategic investment will strengthen PCCW OTT’s ability to enhance its core value proposition of relevant content.
News categories: PCCW, Hony Capital, Foxconn, Janice Lee, John Zhao, Fang Ming Lu, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
Korean brands maintain top TV set share worldwide
Jun 14, 2017 – Worldwide TV shipments fell slightly more than expected in the first quarter of 2017, declining 4.7 percent to 46.7 million units as slowing price erosion led to a weakening consumer demand according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Paul Gagnon, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Foxconn chooses NetRange for smart TV ecosystems
Sep 5, 2016 – Foxconn and NetRange have announced that thanks to NetRange’s Smart TV technology, Foxconn will be able to equip its TV devices with a complete, turnkey middleware and be the first OEM to deliver ready-to-go products to the numerous renowned brands it produces for.
News categories: NetRange, Foxconn, Jan Wendt, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
DiiVA Ecosystem in Place for Home Entertainment Networking
Jan 10, 2012 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium will showcase products ready to enable homes with the next-generation home network architecture at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show, January 10-13.
News categories: DiiVA, CES2021, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
SiBEAM Showcases Growing Ecosystem of 60GHz-Based WirelessHD Products and Reveals Next Generation Solutions at CES 2011
Jan 6, 2011 – SiBEAM will showcase the growing ecosystem of 60GHz-based WirelessHD products at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2011), which begins today. SiBEAM will also demonstrate its third generation WirelessHD technology.
News categories: SiBEAM, CES2021, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
First DiiVA Prototypes Debut at CES
Jan 7, 2010 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium has announced that Sony has joined as a Promoter and Nikon and Toshiba as Contributors. The world's first DiiVA-enabled prototypes will be unveiled at the 2010 International CES.
News categories: DiiVA, Blu-ray, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
DiiVA 1.0 specification now available
Apr 22, 2009 – Aimed squarely at making the TV a simple, interactive hub of the digital home media network, the Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio (DiiVA) consortium has announced the availability of the DiiVA 1.0 specification.
News categories: DiiVA, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5