Digital TV News: Foxconn
KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
Jun 24, 2021 – KKStream has unveiled its BlendVision modular streaming platform with three software solutions - a one-stop streaming platform, a live streaming service, and an AI-powered video encoding solution.
News categories: KKStream, KDDI, Satoshi Miyaji, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Chinese makers starting to dominate large LCD TV panel supply
Apr 30, 2019 – With Chinese panel makers accelerating the mass production of large TFT LCD TV panels faster than expected, they accounted for 33.9% of 60" and larger LCD TV panel shipments in the first quarter of 2019, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Robin Wu, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
Large TFT LCD panel shipments grew in 2018 despite market concerns
Jan 23, 2019 – Shipments of large TFT LCD panels rose again in 2018 despite concerns about oversupply. Area shipments increased by 10.6% to 197.9 million m² compared to the previous year, driven by TV and monitor panels, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, IHS Markit, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Tablet, Worldwide
PCCW's OTT service adds additional investors
Aug 10, 2017 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) is introducing Hony Capital, Foxconn Ventures and Temasek as investors in PCCW International OTT (Cayman Islands) Holdings Limited. The strategic investment will strengthen PCCW OTT’s ability to enhance its core value proposition of relevant content.
News categories: PCCW, Hony Capital, Foxconn, Janice Lee, John Zhao, Fang Ming Lu, Asia, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital
Korean brands maintain top TV set share worldwide
Jun 14, 2017 – Worldwide TV shipments fell slightly more than expected in the first quarter of 2017, declining 4.7 percent to 46.7 million units as slowing price erosion led to a weakening consumer demand according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Paul Gagnon, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Foxconn chooses NetRange for smart TV ecosystems
Sep 5, 2016 – Foxconn and NetRange have announced that thanks to NetRange’s Smart TV technology, Foxconn will be able to equip its TV devices with a complete, turnkey middleware and be the first OEM to deliver ready-to-go products to the numerous renowned brands it produces for.
News categories: NetRange, Foxconn, Jan Wendt, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
DiiVA Ecosystem in Place for Home Entertainment Networking
Jan 10, 2012 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium will showcase products ready to enable homes with the next-generation home network architecture at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show, January 10-13.
News categories: DiiVA, CES2023, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
SiBEAM Showcases Growing Ecosystem of 60GHz-Based WirelessHD Products and Reveals Next Generation Solutions at CES 2011
Jan 6, 2011 – SiBEAM will showcase the growing ecosystem of 60GHz-based WirelessHD products at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2011), which begins today. SiBEAM will also demonstrate its third generation WirelessHD technology.
News categories: SiBEAM, CES2023, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
First DiiVA Prototypes Debut at CES
Jan 7, 2010 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium has announced that Sony has joined as a Promoter and Nikon and Toshiba as Contributors. The world's first DiiVA-enabled prototypes will be unveiled at the 2010 International CES.
News categories: DiiVA, Blu-ray, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023