Digital TV News: HBO GO
Astro integrates Netflix into its Ultra Box
Nov 9, 2021 – Astro has unveiled its new Astro experience, enabling customers to stream Netflix on Astro TV. Customers can now enjoy services such as Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO GO, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+, as well as Astro's shows and sports, all in one place.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Euan Smith, Azlin Arshad, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
European launches for HBO Max on October 26th
Sep 8, 2021 – HBO Max will launch in Europe on October 26 with Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Spain and Andorra being the first six European countries where the all-new streaming experience will be made available.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Christina Sulebakk, Andorra, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Spain, Streaming, Sweden
Converge launches VISION home entertainment service in the Philippines
Jul 30, 2021 – In partnership with Pacific Kabelnet (PKN), Converge has introduced an add-on service called VISION in the Philippines. VISION comes with an STB called Xperience Box - a full Android, all-in-one entertainment device.
News categories: Converge ICT, Jesus C. Romero, Dennis Anthony H. Uy, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
Velocix poweres Entel OTT streaming service in Chile
Mar 18, 2021 – Entel is using Velocix’s IP CDN, origin server and video recording management software to support Chile's newest OTT streaming service, which uses the first Android TV Operator Tier Box in the country.
News categories: Velocix, Entel, Anthony Berkeley, Cristian Hofer, Android TV, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Streaming, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
Strong 1H 2020 for Online Video in Southeast Asia
Sep 29, 2020 – Total video streaming minutes on mobile grew 30% Q/Q in Q1 2020 across four Southeast Asia markets and a further 19% Q/Q in Q2 to reach 657 billion, according to a study published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
Roku launches Roku Express in Brazil
Sep 2, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the launch of Roku Express, the company TV streaming device, in Brazil. The Roku Express is expected to be available in stores in the upcoming weeks at an average starting price of R$349.90.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Brazil, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers