Digital TV News: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV
Verance brings watermarking to HbbTV
Oct 1, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to bring its Aspect watermarking to HbbTV. Aspect uses Verance’s implementation of the watermarking technologies sanctioned by the HbbTV Association in their 'Application Discovery over Broadband' specification.
News categories: Verance, Joe Winograd, Content Identification, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Intertrust and Vewd introduce content protection for HbbTV
Jun 6, 2019 – Intertrust and Vewd have announced pre-integration of Intertrust's ExpressPlay XCA with Vewd Core, for operator HbbTV deployments. Using the solution, device manufacturers are able to offer a more complete software stack of content protection and HbbTV support.
News categories: Vewd, Intertrust, Frode Hernes, Guido Cugi, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Telecentras and LG to introduce HbbTV for Smart TVs in Lithuania
Apr 18, 2019 – The Lithuanian Radio and Television Centre (Telecentras) and LG Electronics have agreed a cooperation aimed at introducing HbbTV intended for smart TVs. The launch of HbbTV in Lithuania is scheduled for the first half of this year.
News categories: Telecentras, LG Electronics, Remigijus Šeris, Digital TV, HbbTV, Lithuania, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Verance and Fincons Group partner for Next Gen TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Verance has announced that it has partnered with Fincons Group. The partnership, targeting the U.S. and Europe, combines Fincons' expertise deploying HbbTV applications with Verance's watermark technology.
News categories: Verance, Fincons, Nil Shah, Francesco Moretti, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, USA
BBC R&D shows content substitution at IBC with Vewd and Mediatek
Sep 15, 2018 – Together with Vewd and MediaTek, BBC R&D is showcasing the latest HbbTV advancements in content substitution at IBC. Vewd worked to optimize Vewd Core, its HTML5 SDK for smart TVs, as well as the Vewd Core HbbTV module, to support some of the BBC’s most advanced use cases.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, BBC, Frode Hernes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
Samsung releases open source HbbTV media player
Sep 20, 2016 – Samsung has announced that its Hybrid broadcast broadband TV (HbbTV) media player will be available as an open source project named HbbPlayer on github, an open source developer community.
News categories: Samsung, Miyoung Yoo, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
ETSI publishes HbbTV spec for UK and Italy
Sep 6, 2016 – ETSI has published HbbTV 2.0.1 specification TS 102 796 V1.4.1 that will allow the United Kingdom and Italy to transition from MHEG and MHP to the new standard in 2017.
News categories: ETSI, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Toggle Red Button HbbTV trial begins in Singapore
May 31, 2016 – Toggle has launched a new service, Toggle Red Button. The service is based on a hybrid technology known as Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV). Mediacorp, the company that runs Toggle, is the first in Asia to deploy HbbTV technology.
News categories: Mediacorp, Sofia Digital, Anil Nihalani, Digital TV, HbbTV, Singapore, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Freeview Play specification available to all
Feb 18, 2016 – Digital UK has published the technical specification for Freeview Play, opening the connected TV service to broadcasters, platforms and equipment manufacturers worldwide.
News categories: Digital UK, James Jackson, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia