Digital TV News: Intelsat
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBC, Worldwide
Arianespace orbits Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b satellites
Aug 15, 2020 – Arianespace has launched three satellites into orbit - Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b. BSAT-4b will be used for DTH television in Japan. Galaxy 30 will provide UHD video distribution/broadcast across North America.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, North America, Satellite
ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
Oct 8, 2019 – ARK Multicasting has announced the first broadcast of both ATSC 1.0 and NEXTGEN TV ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack. An ATSC 1.0 signal was tested with a Hitachi-Comark transmitter and Ateme encoder. Using the same transmission equipment with the addition of an ATSC 3.0 stack by ENENSYS, the signal was converted to NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, Hitachi-Comark, Airwavz.tv, ENENSYS, ATEME, Vern Fotheringham, Dick Fiore, Bonnie Beeman, Régis LE ROUX, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Intelsat reports Intelsat 29e satellite failure
Apr 18, 2019 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that the previously disclosed anomaly has resulted in the total loss of Intelsat 29e. A failure review board has been convened with the satellite’s manufacturer, Boeing, to complete a comprehensive analysis of the cause.
News categories: Intelsat, Content Distribution, Latin America, North America, Satellite
Eutelsat partners with Intelsat and SES in U.S. C-band spectrum proposal
Jul 12, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I), SES (Paris: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced that they are aligned on a market-based proposal for the future use of the lower C-band spectrum in the U.S. Eutelsat has agreed to join a proposal initiated by Intelsat, Intel and SES.
News categories: Eutelsat, Intelsat, SES S.A, Rodolphe Belmer, Stephen Spengler, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Intelsat and Globo to demonstrate 8K during the World Cup
Jun 15, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) will partner with Globo to demonstrate live 8K video transmissions in Brazil for the 2018 World Cup. From June 15 to July 15, content will be broadcast as part of an exhibition at the Museu de Amanhã, Rio's science museum.
News categories: Intelsat, NTT, Globo, Rob Cerbone, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Intelsat debuts MCPC platform for Central and Eastern Europe
Apr 9, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that it has launched a Ku-band Multi-Channel Per Carrier (MCPC) media platform for Central and Eastern Europe. Programmers will be able to contribute SD or HD content from anywhere around the world.
News categories: Intelsat, Encompass Digital Media, Rob Cerbone, Marc Bruce, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, NABShow, Satellite
TV Plus DTH renews contract to use Intelsat 19
Nov 19, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has confirmed a multi-year satellite services agreement with TV Plus. Under the renewal agreement, TV Plus will use Ku-band satellite services on Intelsat 19 to deliver content to viewers in Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Intelsat, TV Plus, Terry Bleakley, John Jeremic, Australia, Content Distribution, New Zealand, Satellite
Ariane 5 orbits Intelsat 37e and BSAT-4a satellites
Sep 29, 2017 – Arianespace has orbited telecommunications satellites for its long-time customers. The mission carried Intelsat 37e for Intelsat, along with BSAT-4a which was launched as part of a turnkey contract between Japan’s B-SAT and SSL.
News categories: Arianespace, Intelsat, B-SAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil