Digital TV News: Intelsat
ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
Oct 8, 2019 – ARK Multicasting has announced the first broadcast of both ATSC 1.0 and NEXTGEN TV ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack. An ATSC 1.0 signal was tested with a Hitachi-Comark transmitter and Ateme encoder. Using the same transmission equipment with the addition of an ATSC 3.0 stack by ENENSYS, the signal was converted to NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, Hitachi-Comark, Airwavz.tv, ENENSYS, ATEME, Vern Fotheringham, Dick Fiore, Bonnie Beeman, Régis LE ROUX, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Intelsat reports Intelsat 29e satellite failure
Apr 18, 2019 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that the previously disclosed anomaly has resulted in the total loss of Intelsat 29e. A failure review board has been convened with the satellite’s manufacturer, Boeing, to complete a comprehensive analysis of the cause.
News categories: Intelsat, Content Distribution, Latin America, North America, Satellite
Eutelsat partners with Intelsat and SES in U.S. C-band spectrum proposal
Jul 12, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I), SES (Paris: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced that they are aligned on a market-based proposal for the future use of the lower C-band spectrum in the U.S. Eutelsat has agreed to join a proposal initiated by Intelsat, Intel and SES.
News categories: Eutelsat, Intelsat, SES S.A, Rodolphe Belmer, Stephen Spengler, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Intelsat and Globo to demonstrate 8K during the World Cup
Jun 15, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) will partner with Globo to demonstrate live 8K video transmissions in Brazil for the 2018 World Cup. From June 15 to July 15, content will be broadcast as part of an exhibition at the Museu de Amanhã, Rio's science museum.
News categories: Intelsat, NTT, Globo, Rob Cerbone, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Intelsat debuts MCPC platform for Central and Eastern Europe
Apr 9, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that it has launched a Ku-band Multi-Channel Per Carrier (MCPC) media platform for Central and Eastern Europe. Programmers will be able to contribute SD or HD content from anywhere around the world.
News categories: Intelsat, Encompass Digital Media, Rob Cerbone, Marc Bruce, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, NABShow, Satellite
TV Plus DTH renews contract to use Intelsat 19
Nov 19, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has confirmed a multi-year satellite services agreement with TV Plus. Under the renewal agreement, TV Plus will use Ku-band satellite services on Intelsat 19 to deliver content to viewers in Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Intelsat, TV Plus, Terry Bleakley, John Jeremic, Australia, Content Distribution, New Zealand, Satellite
Ariane 5 orbits Intelsat 37e and BSAT-4a satellites
Sep 29, 2017 – Arianespace has orbited telecommunications satellites for its long-time customers. The mission carried Intelsat 37e for Intelsat, along with BSAT-4a which was launched as part of a turnkey contract between Japan’s B-SAT and SSL.
News categories: Arianespace, Intelsat, B-SAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
Intelsat 35e launches successfully
Jul 6, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of the Intelsat 35e satellite, the fourth of the Intelsat EpicNG high throughput satellites. Intelsat 35e includes a payload for the DTH services of Canal+ in the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Dalkom Somalia takes broadband and DTH capacity from Intelsat
Jun 9, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Dalkom Somalia to expand Dalkom's broadband enterprise and direct-to-home (DTH) services in East and Central Africa and the Middle East.
News categories: Intelsat, Dalkom Somalia, Brian Jakins, Mohamed Jama, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Somalia
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware