Digital TV News: Intelsat
Intelsat launches VideoNow FTA satellite EPG service
Apr 21, 2022 – Intelsat, in conjunction with EasyBroadcast, has launched an EPG, VideoNow by Intelsat. The EPG is for viewers looking for FTA content on DTH platforms. The first Intelsat satellite to be included is Galaxy 19 covering North America.
News categories: Intelsat, EasyBroadcast, VideoNow, Bill O’Hara, Alex Beach, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite, USA
Dataxis reports on fixed satellite communication market
Dec 15, 2021 – According to Dataxis, after years of significant growth, the decline in traditional video activity in the most developed countries is being sustained. Some regions are still appealing for satellite video however, most particularly Africa and MENA, as well as Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Arianespace orbits Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b satellites
Aug 15, 2020 – Arianespace has launched three satellites into orbit - Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b. BSAT-4b will be used for DTH television in Japan. Galaxy 30 will provide UHD video distribution/broadcast across North America.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, North America, Satellite
ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
Oct 8, 2019 – ARK Multicasting has announced the first broadcast of both ATSC 1.0 and NEXTGEN TV ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack. An ATSC 1.0 signal was tested with a Hitachi-Comark transmitter and Ateme encoder. Using the same transmission equipment with the addition of an ATSC 3.0 stack by ENENSYS, the signal was converted to NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, Hitachi-Comark, Airwavz.tv, ENENSYS, ATEME, Vern Fotheringham, Dick Fiore, Bonnie Beeman, Régis LE ROUX, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Intelsat reports Intelsat 29e satellite failure
Apr 18, 2019 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that the previously disclosed anomaly has resulted in the total loss of Intelsat 29e. A failure review board has been convened with the satellite’s manufacturer, Boeing, to complete a comprehensive analysis of the cause.
News categories: Intelsat, Content Distribution, Latin America, North America, Satellite
Eutelsat partners with Intelsat and SES in U.S. C-band spectrum proposal
Jul 12, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I), SES (Paris: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced that they are aligned on a market-based proposal for the future use of the lower C-band spectrum in the U.S. Eutelsat has agreed to join a proposal initiated by Intelsat, Intel and SES.
News categories: Eutelsat, Intelsat, SES S.A, Rodolphe Belmer, Stephen Spengler, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Intelsat and Globo to demonstrate 8K during the World Cup
Jun 15, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) will partner with Globo to demonstrate live 8K video transmissions in Brazil for the 2018 World Cup. From June 15 to July 15, content will be broadcast as part of an exhibition at the Museu de Amanhã, Rio's science museum.
News categories: Intelsat, NTT, Globo, Rob Cerbone, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Intelsat debuts MCPC platform for Central and Eastern Europe
Apr 9, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that it has launched a Ku-band Multi-Channel Per Carrier (MCPC) media platform for Central and Eastern Europe. Programmers will be able to contribute SD or HD content from anywhere around the world.
News categories: Intelsat, Encompass Digital Media, Rob Cerbone, Marc Bruce, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, NABShow, Satellite
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022