Digital TV News: KIT digital
Classic Video on Demand vendors risk losing half VOD market by 2018
Jun 4, 2013 – The shift of video consumption to tablets and smartphones is causing operator requirements for video on demand (VOD) systems to change as vendors struggle to keep up with current generation needs, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research
KIT digital Showcases Integrated Social Program Guide at TV Connect 2013
Mar 19, 2013 – KIT digital, alongside Digisoft.tv will showcase a working example of its Social Program Guide application that connects a second screen device with a TV as part of KIT digital's Second Screen Interaction Suite at TV Connect 2013.
News categories: KIT digital, Digisoft, Apps, Middleware, Set Top Box, Social TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
Dune HD Secures Operator Content And Revenue Using Verimatrix VCAS™ For IPTV
Oct 17, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that its Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV solution and embedded ViewRight® security client are now available across Dune HD's range of digital media players.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dune HD, BBWF, Content Protection, OTT, Set Top Box
Liberty Global Launches Horizon TV
Sep 7, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced the launch of Horizon TV, a new family of media products that allow customers to view and share all of their favorite content across the TV, computer, tablet and smartphone.
News categories: Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Middleware, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet, TV Everywhere
$2 Billion Video Delivery Platforms Market Set to Double by 2017
Aug 27, 2012 – In 2012, revenues for video platforms distributing video on behalf of media & entertainment companies (including cable & satellite distributors) worldwide will reach $2.1 billion, and will grow to over $4 billion in 2017, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere
Harmonic to Showcase Comprehensive Solutions for Broadcast and Multiscreen Services at IBC2012
Aug 14, 2012 – At IBC2012, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase a comprehensive range of solutions for broadcast and multiscreen production and delivery. Highlighted at the show will be solutions designed to streamline multiscreen content delivery.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, TV Everywhere
Turkey's D-Smart Selects KIT digital to Launch OTT Pay TV Service
Jul 23, 2012 – KIT digital (NASDAQ: KITD) has anounced that it has been selected by Turkish pay TV provider D-Smart to develop and launch a multiscreen over-the-top (OTT) pay TV service.
News categories: KIT digital, D-Smart, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Turkey
KIT digital Unveils Social TV Solution at NAB 2012
Apr 16, 2012 – KIT digital (NASDAQ: KITD) has unveiled its new social TV solution, the KIT Social Program Guide (KIT SPG). KIT SPG integrates users' social networks with their service provider's EPG, allowing viewers to enjoy a full range of social TV functions.
News categories: KIT digital, NABShow, Social TV
Kit Digital Signs Multi-Year Partnership to Deliver IPTV Set-Top Box Solution for Global Ethnic Programming in North America
Oct 15, 2008 – KIT digital (OTCBB: KITD) has announced that it has been selected by TV2Moro to deploy a new IPTV set-top box (STB) service to deliver programming to ethnic consumers in North America.
News categories: KIT digital, TV2Moro, Canada, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box, USA
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform