Digital TV News: KIT digital
Classic Video on Demand vendors risk losing half VOD market by 2018
Jun 4, 2013 – The shift of video consumption to tablets and smartphones is causing operator requirements for video on demand (VOD) systems to change as vendors struggle to keep up with current generation needs, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research
KIT digital Showcases Integrated Social Program Guide at TV Connect 2013
Mar 19, 2013 – KIT digital, alongside Digisoft.tv will showcase a working example of its Social Program Guide application that connects a second screen device with a TV as part of KIT digital's Second Screen Interaction Suite at TV Connect 2013.
News categories: KIT digital, Digisoft, Apps, Middleware, Set Top Box, Social TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
Dune HD Secures Operator Content And Revenue Using Verimatrix VCAS™ For IPTV
Oct 17, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that its Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV solution and embedded ViewRight® security client are now available across Dune HD's range of digital media players.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dune HD, BBWF, Content Protection, OTT, Set Top Box
Liberty Global Launches Horizon TV
Sep 7, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced the launch of Horizon TV, a new family of media products that allow customers to view and share all of their favorite content across the TV, computer, tablet and smartphone.
News categories: Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Middleware, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet, TV Everywhere
$2 Billion Video Delivery Platforms Market Set to Double by 2017
Aug 27, 2012 – In 2012, revenues for video platforms distributing video on behalf of media & entertainment companies (including cable & satellite distributors) worldwide will reach $2.1 billion, and will grow to over $4 billion in 2017, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere
Harmonic to Showcase Comprehensive Solutions for Broadcast and Multiscreen Services at IBC2012
Aug 14, 2012 – At IBC2012, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase a comprehensive range of solutions for broadcast and multiscreen production and delivery. Highlighted at the show will be solutions designed to streamline multiscreen content delivery.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, IBC, TV Everywhere
Turkey's D-Smart Selects KIT digital to Launch OTT Pay TV Service
Jul 23, 2012 – KIT digital (NASDAQ: KITD) has anounced that it has been selected by Turkish pay TV provider D-Smart to develop and launch a multiscreen over-the-top (OTT) pay TV service.
News categories: KIT digital, D-Smart, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Turkey
KIT digital Unveils Social TV Solution at NAB 2012
Apr 16, 2012 – KIT digital (NASDAQ: KITD) has unveiled its new social TV solution, the KIT Social Program Guide (KIT SPG). KIT SPG integrates users' social networks with their service provider's EPG, allowing viewers to enjoy a full range of social TV functions.
News categories: KIT digital, NABShow, Social TV
Kit Digital Signs Multi-Year Partnership to Deliver IPTV Set-Top Box Solution for Global Ethnic Programming in North America
Oct 15, 2008 – KIT digital (OTCBB: KITD) has announced that it has been selected by TV2Moro to deploy a new IPTV set-top box (STB) service to deliver programming to ethnic consumers in North America.
News categories: KIT digital, TV2Moro, Canada, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box, USA
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership