Digital TV News: Linksys
StarHub first with Operator Tier version of Android TV Oreo
Aug 30, 2018 – StarHub has unveiled the StarHub Go Streaming Box, an all-in-one entertainment destination combining the best of StarHub’s content catalogue and the Google Play store. Powered by Android TV Oreo, the box comes preloaded with a Go Family subscription, which includes over 50 channels.
News categories: StarHub, Justin Ang, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
New Sony Blu-ray Player Integrates Streaming Internet Video
Sep 9, 2009 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has introduced the BDP-N460 networked Blu-ray Disc™ player. Beside playing Blu-ray Discs and DVDs, the device instantly streams one of the largest collections of on-demand entertainment from the BRAVIA™ Internet Video platform.
News categories: Sony Corp, Blu-ray, Streaming, USA
2Wire, Huawei, and Thomson Make Major Gains across Broadband CPE Market Share Segments
Jun 8, 2009 – 2Wire, Huawei and Thomson captured major market share gains in the 2008 broadband customer premise equipment (CPE) segments, according to In-Stat. The segments include cable and DSL modems, routers, Wi-Fi Aggregators, and residential gateways.
News categories: In-Stat, Broadband, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
Intellon Surpasses 26M Shipment Milestone for HomePlug-based Powerline ICs
Feb 9, 2009 – Intellon (Nasdaq: ITLN) has announced that it has now shipped over 26 million powerline communications integrated circuits (ICs) based on the HomePlug 1.0 and HomePlug AV standards.
News categories: Intellon, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Linksys Announces Plans to Expand Digital Home With New Media Center Extenders
Jan 7, 2008 – From the 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show, Linksys has announced its new Media Center Extender with DVD Player (DMA2200) and Media Center Extender (DMA2100) are available for purchase.
News categories: Linksys, CES2023, DVD, Smart Home, Streaming
Cisco to Demonstrate 'Visual Networking' Experiences at 2008 International CES
Jan 3, 2008 – Cisco® has announced it will feature new consumer products and innovative prototypes at the 2008 International CES. The featured demonstrations highlight new visual networking experiences that combine streaming digital video technology and social networking applications.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Broadband, Cable TV, CES2023, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Entropic Surpasses Ten Million c.LINK™ Chipset Shipment Milestone
Jan 3, 2008 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq: ENTR) has announced that it has shipped its ten millionth c.LINK™ chipset. Entropic's c.LINK technology enables the creation of a whole home digital entertainment network using existing coax cabling.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Sigma Designs, Inc. Reports Fiscal Third Quarter Results
Nov 28, 2007 – Sigma Designs' (NASDAQ:SIGM) net revenues for the third quarter were $66.2 million, up from $25.1 million reported for the same period last year. The increase was primarily attributable to increased SoC sales to manufacturers of IPTV set-top boxes and Blu-ray players.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Investor Presentation, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs' Secure Media Processors Power Extender for Windows
Sep 28, 2007 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that D-Link and Linksys, a division of Cisco, are launching Extenders for Windows Media Center products powered by Sigma Secure Media Processors.
News categories: Sigma Designs, D-Link, Linksys, DigitalLife, Broadband, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022