Digital TV News: Miniweb
woomi Incorporates blinkx Video Content in OTT Offering
Feb 15, 2011 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a partnership with Miniweb Technologies to give audiences worldwide access to blinkx's index of over 35 million hours of online video through Miniweb's 'woomi' connected TV service.
News categories: blinkx, Miniweb, woomi, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
blinkx Introduces TV API, Opens Online Video Index to Technology Partners
Feb 2, 2011 – blinkx has announced the launch of a TV API designed to provide partners in the Connected TV ecosystem - from box makers and TV manufacturers, to app developers and game consoles - access to blinkx's index of over 35 million hours of online video.
News categories: blinkx, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Syabas and Miniweb Deliver Connected TV Functionality to Popbox Devices
Jan 9, 2011 – Syabas has announced the integration of Miniweb's connected TV platform into Syabas's new generation of Popbox and Popcorn Hour set top boxes (STB). The integration adds internet video search and personalization features to the STBs.
News categories: Syabas, Miniweb, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Miniweb Announces Multi-Territory Agreement With China's DTM
Jan 5, 2011 – Miniweb and Digital Telemedia have partnered to offer customers a variety of new connected TV content sources and services. The offering is based on Miniweb's woomi Connected TV Services Platform and DTM's range of HD DiON Set Top Boxes.
News categories: Miniweb, Digital Telemedia, CES2023, Set Top Box
Eurosat selects Miniweb to provide enhanced Connected TV Services
Mar 24, 2010 – Eurosat together with Miniweb have announced the integration of Miniweb's Connected TV Services Platform into a new range of HD Freeview set top boxes. An initial UK launch is planned for later this year.
News categories: Miniweb, Eurosat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Vestel to Integrate Miniweb for Advanced Connected TV services
Mar 21, 2010 – Vestel and Miniweb have announced a strategic partnership for the deployment of Miniweb's broadband content guide and services platform across a range of Vestel's connected TV devices.
News categories: Miniweb, Vestel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Video Exchange
Miniweb, Metrological and Intel Collaborate to Provide Converged TV & Internet Video Experience
Aug 3, 2009 – Miniweb and Metrological Media Innovations have announced that the companies have collaborated to provide Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) CE 3100 powered devices with converged internet and broadcast video services for a high-quality TV experience.
News categories: Miniweb, Metrological, Intel, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Opportunities for Internet Video on the TV
May 13, 2009 – An IMS Research study reveals that an estimated 65 million households worldwide had the capability of viewing Internet video on their television set at the end of 2008. This represents growth of 134% over year end 2007.
News categories: IMS Research, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVR, Gaming, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Miniweb to integrate blinkx's video search engine
May 12, 2009 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced an integration agreement with Miniweb. Under the deal Miniweb will use blinkx's software for video search, syndication, recommendations, targeting and personalization as part of its online services platform.
News categories: blinkx, Miniweb, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Streaming
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027