Digital TV News: NEC
Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
Oct 21, 2020 – Deutsche TV-Plattform is launching an initiative to prepare a market launch of the new version of the CI Plus Interface - CI+ 2.0. CI Plus modules will be based on USB from version 2.0 onwards.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Carine Chardon, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Worldwide
EU accepts competition commitments by Broadcom for modem and STB markets
Oct 7, 2020 – Broadcom will suspend all existing agreements containing exclusivity or quasi-exclusivity arrangements and/or leveraging provisions concerning SoCs for TV set-top boxes and Internet modems.
News categories: European Commission, Broadcom, CPE, Digital TV, EU, Regulation, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Condense Reality secures £800k seed investment
Oct 7, 2020 – Condense Reality, a virtual reality startup developing technology to transform how viewers watch live entertainment and sports, has raised a seed round of more than £800,000, including £220,000 from SFC Capital.
News categories: Condense Reality, SFC Capital, BT Sport, Nick Fellingham, Stephen Page, Digital TV, OTT, UK, VR, Worldwide
TransUnion to acquire Tru Optik
Oct 1, 2020 – TransUnion has agreed to acquire Tru Optik. Tru Optik will provide TransUnion’s expanded customer base with the reach, accuracy and transparency missing in current identity and audience development products.
News categories: TransUnion, Tru Optik, Matt Spiegel, Andre Swanston, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA
Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
Sep 16, 2020 – Telefónica has launched 'Telefónica Activation Programme: Living Apps', aimed at startups that wish to take advantage of Telefónica’s TV platform, Movistar+, to develop digital home experiences for the company's customers.
News categories: Telefónica, Irene Gómez, Digital TV, Spain
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Deutsche Telekom launches cloud gaming platform
Aug 27, 2020 – Deutsche Telekom (DT) has announced the launch of its cloud gaming platform, MagentaGaming. DT relies on a decentralized EDGE cloud concept to keep the distance to the customer as short as possible.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Claudia Nemat, Michael Hagspihl, Gaming, Germany, OTT
EMX onboards Inscape data for CTV 'Incremental Reach Measurement'
Aug 25, 2020 – EMX has added a Connected TV 'Incremental Reach Measurement' product. The product integrates TV viewing data from Inscape with its own campaign delivery data in a data warehousing, reporting, and analytics solution.
News categories: Engine Media Exchange, Inscape, Michael Zacharski, Greg Hampton, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, Worldwide
3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
Jul 30, 2020 – 3SS and Hoppr have joined forces to create an end-to-end monetization platform for Android TV. The pair have integrated the 3READY Custom Launcher with HopprTV to enable new possibilities for advertising.
News categories: 3SS, Hoppr, Pierre Donath, Cyril Daoud, Advertising, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K