Digital TV News: NEC
PFT unveils ad break automation powered by AI at IBC 2023
Sep 14, 2023 – Prime Focus Technologies (PFT) has launched Ad Break Automation, powered by CLEAR AI, enabling content owners to automatically identify the best spots for ad placement on FAST and AVOD platforms.
News categories: Prime Focus Technologies, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
iWedia technology integrated with the OBLO IoT platform
Sep 14, 2023 – iWedia and OBLO have partnered on a connected device solution, combining iWedia's Diagnostics System, WatchParty, Gamification, and User Engagement Monitoring with the OBLO IoT platform.
News categories: iWedia, OBLO, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Nikola Teslic, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
CTS launches cloud-based managed channel origination service in EMEA
Sep 13, 2023 – Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS) has launched a cloud-based Managed Channel Origination service for customers in EMEA, combining Sky's infrastructure and operations with the capabilities of CTS.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Sky, Bart Spriester, Fraser Stirling, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Middle-East
Prime Video and YouTube coming to Volvo cars
Sep 13, 2023 – Volvo is adding Prime Video to Google Play for download in all of its car markets where Google apps and services are available. YouTube is also coming soon to Volvo cars with Google built-in.
News categories: Volvo, Erik Severinson, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
UniqCast implements video streaming service for Telecom Kosovo
Sep 13, 2023 – UniqCast has been awarded a contract to implement a premium video streaming service for Telecom Kosovo, providing an immersive TV experience using its end-to-end OTT system.
News categories: UniqCast, Telecom Kosovo, Darko Robič, Avni Tafilaj, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Kosovo
Ease Live adds connected TVs to sports interactivity platform
Sep 11, 2023 – Ease Live has announced the capability for its interactive platform to provide synced interactive experiences on Connected TVs, adding to existing support for mobiles, PCs and tablets.
News categories: Ease Live, Kjetil Horneland, Chris Wagner, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
GVTC Communications moves to IP video delivery with WISI
Aug 31, 2023 – GVTC Communications has chosen WISI forits headend conversion from RF to IPTV, giving GVTC customers new OTT streaming video services, accessible on all multiscreen devices.
News categories: WISI, GVTC Communications, Sharen Sandhu, Dennis Krumblis, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
DPG Media selects Actus Digital for compliance monitoring
Aug 22, 2023 – DPG Media has transitioned to the AI-based Intelligent Monitoring Platform from Actus Digital for regulatory compliance recording/monitoring and ad verification.
News categories: Actus Digital, DPG Media, Diginet, Sima Levy, Stijn Mertens, Karl Imbrechts, Advertising, Belgium, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2023, Netherlands, QoE
Tonton selects Switch Media for new Malaysian OTT service
Aug 7, 2023 – Switch Media has announced that Tonton, Malaysia's largest video streaming network, is using its MediaHQ online content publishing platform to create its new OTT service.
News categories: Switch Media, Tonton, Oscar Gutierrez, Gregory Eu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework