Digital TV News: NEC
CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
Jan 19, 2023 – The Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement (CIMM), the 4A's and the TVB have launched a study focused on developing an action plan for supporting the evolution of local TV measurement in the U.S. market.
News categories: CIMM, 4A's, TVB, Sequent Partners, Jon Watts, Ashwini Karandikar, Hadassa Gerber, Betsy Rella, Keith Kazerman, Patti Cohen, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Garmin unveils Unified Cabin Experience at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) will demonstrate its in-cabin solutions for automotive at CES 2023. A camera identifies each passenger, enabling occupants to enjoy personalized entertainment options including games and streaming video platforms.
News categories: Garmin, Matt Munn, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
TiVo OS integrated with Amlogic Smart TV chipsets
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (NYSE: XPER), a subsidiary of Xperi (NYSE: XPER), and Amlogic have announced that they have pre-integrated TiVo OS on Amlogic's T962D4 and T950D4 chipsets for the U.S. and European markets.
News categories: TiVo, Amlogic, Benjamin Maughan, James Xie, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Telenet extends EOS video platform agreement with Liberty Global
Dec 22, 2022 – In 2019, Telenet and Liberty Global entered into an agreement regarding the EOS video platform. Telenet has now made a new deal with Liberty Global that extends this agreement, adding two further technology applications.
News categories: Telenet, Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware
inext provides set-top solution for Alma+ in Kazakhstan
Dec 21, 2022 – inext has announced that it has has implemented an AOSP-based set-top box solution for Alma Telecommunications, owner of the Alma+ and Alma TV brands in Kazakhstan.
News categories: inext, Alma TV, Dauren Jusypov, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
SAPEC powers World Cup UHD broadcasting on DTT in Spain
Dec 19, 2022 – SAPEC solutions played a fundamental role in the contribution and distribution through DTT of the Qatar 2022 World Cup in Spain via the use of its Sivac-ONE media processing platform.
News categories: SAPEC, Mediapro, UHD Spain, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, Emili Planas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain
PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
Dec 7, 2022 – Two IoT executives have announced the formation of PEAK3, an edge pathway solution provider enabling businesses to use the one-to-many capabilities of ATSC 3.0 for IoT and Edge use cases.
News categories: PEAK3, Alp Sezen, Chris McGhay, ATSC 3, Smart Home, USA
JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
Dec 7, 2022 – Cisco and Qwilt have announced a partnership with Japan Internet Exchange (JPIX) to improve delivery of live streaming, VOD, and media applications across Japan using Qwilt's open caching technology.
News categories: Qwilt, Cisco, JPIX, J-Stream, Alon Maor, Theodore Tzevelekis, Ryosuke Yamazoe, Mayumi Hayasaka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
Nov 10, 2022 – 6G-Datacast.TV has developed a protocol by which a serial data stream is pushed to unlimited numbers of clients wirelessly. The protocol makes good on the promise of ATSC 3.0 for datacasting.
News categories: CEA Group, 6G-Datacast.tv, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion