Digital TV News: Netgem
Netgem TV launches In Ireland with Pure Telecom
Jul 23, 2020 – Netgem TV is now available in Ireland following a deal signed with Pure Telecom. After a successful 3-month free trial, the Broadband and TV bundle is now available to all customers for €43 per month.
News categories: Netgem, Pure Telecom, Sylvain Thevenot, Paul Connell, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
Jul 7, 2020 – Netgem has acquired the assets of Comcable, a French fibre network operator. Netgem’s local subsidiary will manage the 3,500 subscribers taken over, and will provide them with its TV streaming service and 4K Box.
News categories: Netgem, Comcable, Mathias Hautefort, Philippe Le Gall, Digital TV, Fibre, France, MandA
Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
Jun 29, 2020 – Origin broadband and Netgem have joined forces to offer Origin TV, a multiscreen service. The product offers an entertainment experience at a great price as an alternative to the traditional expensive broadband TV offerings.
News categories: Netgem, Origin Broadband, Sylvain Thevenot, Oliver Bryssau, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
Feb 19, 2020 – British TV manufacturer Cello has announced the launch of a Freeview Play range with Alexa voice control, powered by netgem.tv. The TVs incorporate the netgem.tv service, offering free and on-demand streaming for customers at an affordable price.
News categories: Cello Electronics, Netgem, Brian Palmer, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK, UX
Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
Sep 15, 2019 – Netgem is releasing a second generation of its smart soundbars for telcos in partnership with Sharp. The Soundbox is a comprehensive package including Alexa, 4K HDR10, catch-up TV, OTT, DVB-T2, wireless audio control, great sound, and a slick design.
News categories: Netgem, Sharp, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Set Top Box
ZTE and Netgem to jointly address the European fibre market
Mar 12, 2019 – Netgem and ZTE have partnered to offer connected home solutions to European fibre operators. ZTE will provide devices, production capability and financing. Netgem will provide software assets, content relationships and integration expertise.
News categories: Netgem, ZTE, Joseph Haddad, Fang Hui, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Set Top Box, UX
Netgem launches multiscreen OTT for Gibtelecom with Broadpeak
Sep 24, 2018 – Netgem has announced that Gibtelecom launched a multiscreen TV entertainment service called Sofi earlier this summer, powered by Netgem's OTT Cloud platform and devices, and Broadpeak's content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Netgem, Gibtelecom, Jacques Le Mancq, Sylvain Thevenot, Adrian Moreno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, Set Top Box, Streaming
Gibtelecom launches Sofi TV service with Netgem
Jun 4, 2018 – Gibtelecom has announced the launch of Sofi – its digital entertainment service. Sofi will be available on home TVs via an advanced set-top box. Gibtelecom has partnered with Netgem to develop the platform.
News categories: Gibtelecom, Netgem, Lianne Azzopardi, Adrian Moreno, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Gibraltar, IPTV, Set Top Box
Netgem to offer Amazon Prime Video on its virtual STB platform
Sep 14, 2017 – Netgem has announced that Amazon Prime Video will come to its virtual STB software platform. Set-top-box and soundbox solutions powered with Netgem software will feature the full range of Amazon Prime Video services.
News categories: Netgem, Amazon Prime Video, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden