Digital TV News: News Corp
Tremor International acquires News Corp's Unruly
Jan 6, 2020 – Tremor International (AIM: TRMR) has reached an agreement with News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) to acquire Unruly, News Corp's programmatic video marketplace. The deal marks the start of a three-year partnership with News Corp.
News categories: Tremor, News Corp, Unruly, Ofer Druker, Rebekah Brooks, Robert Thomson, Norm Johnston, Advertising, Big Data, MnA, Worldwide
MediaMath bidding infrastructure to integrate LiveRamp identities
Nov 5, 2019 – MediaMath has announced a partnership with LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP). LiveRamp’s IdentityLink (IDL) will be integrated into MediaMath’s bidding infrastructure, providing marketers a best in class experience for targeting and measurement.
News categories: LiveRamp, MediaMath, Travis Clinger, Jeremy Steinberg, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
News Corp and Telstra to combine Foxtel and FOX SPORTS Australia
Mar 5, 2018 – News Corp and Telstra have announced they have signed definitive agreements to combine Foxtel and FOX SPORTS Australia. News Corp will have 65% of the combined entity and Telstra will have 35%.
News categories: News Corp, Telstra, Foxtel, Robert Thomson, Michael Miller, Andy Penn, Patrick Delany, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Satellite
Simplestream receives £500,000 of additional financing
Oct 5, 2017 – Simplestream has received a £500,000 finance package from Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank to assist with further investment and international expansion. The funding will allow Simplestream to increase sales and development to enhance its international capacity.
News categories: Simplestream, Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank, Adam Smith, Christopher Kennedy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, Mobile, UK, Worldwide
FOX SPORTS Australia launches global AFL streaming service with Vimond
May 8, 2017 – Vimond Media Solutions has teamed up with FOX SPORTS Australia to create a service that streams Australian Football League (AFL) matches to fans around the world. FOX SPORTS launched the Watch AFL application in February.
News categories: Vimond, FOX SPORTS Australia, Miguel Silva, Thomas Kaurin, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Conditional access market set to decline
Aug 19, 2014 – The global market for conditional access (CA) technology used in set-top boxes (STBs) is set to contract as pay-TV services reach saturation, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS). Worldwide market revenue for pay-TV STB CA technology will decline to $1.9 billion in 2018.
News categories: IHS Technology, Wajahat Abbassi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Ooyala technology for Foxtel's Presto OTT movie service
Mar 10, 2014 – Ooyala has announced that its technology is to be used by Foxtel's Presto subscription movie service. Presto will soon be available in Australia on PCs and iOS and Android devices.
News categories: Ooyala, Foxtel, Presto, Jay Fulcher, Rick Ellis, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Roku receives $60 Million investment
May 29, 2013 – Roku has announced that it has received a $60 million investment. The investment will fuel Roku's growth. Best known for its lineup of popular streaming players, the company is extending its streaming platform by working with other consumer electronics brands.
News categories: Roku, OTT, Set Top Box, Venture Capital
SKY Italia subscribers down another 51,000 in 1Q 2013
May 8, 2013 – News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has reported results for the three months ending March 31, 2013. SKY Italia experienced a net reduction of approximately 51,000 subscribers during the quarter, bringing total subscribers to 4.78 million.
News categories: Sky Italia, News Corp, Germany, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020