Digital TV News: ONT
Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
Sep 20, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS 10.5 will begin rolling out to Roku devices in the coming weeks. Roku OS 10.5 introduces new features putting Live TV front and center for streaming player users.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Conviva releases State of Streaming: Europe report for Q2 2021
Sep 9, 2021 – Conviva has released its State of Streaming: Europe report for Q2 2021, revealing streaming growth in Europe held onto pandemic gains, growing 19% Y-o-Y, outpacing global streaming growth (13%) for the same time period.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
coocaa introduces Coolita OS Smart TV operating system
Sep 1, 2021 – coocaa has launched Coolita OS, the brand's self-developed smart TV operating system (OS). Initially available in SE Asian markets, the OS delivers a lighter, smoother, and more convenient user experience.
News categories: coocaa, Raul Hua, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Middleware, Smart TV, Thailand, Vietnam
IDC selects Verimatrix VCAS to protect sports broadcasts in Latin America
Aug 31, 2021 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced that International Datacasting Corp. (IDC) has selected Verimatrix VCAS video encryption to protect the airing of sporting events for its broadcasting customers in Latin America.
News categories: Verimatrix, International Datacasting Corp, Asaf Ashkenazi, Diana Cantú, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Latin America
United Group to acquire Wind Hellas
Aug 16, 2021 – United Group has reached an agreement with Crystal Almond Holdings to acquire Wind Hellas. Wind has a total of 4.2 million users in Greece and offers mobile, fixed, internet, and television services.
News categories: United Group, Wind Hellas, Nikos Stathopoulos, Victoriya Boklag, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, MandA
Conviva releases Q2 2021 State of Streaming report
Aug 11, 2021 – Conviva’s Q2 2021 State of Streaming report has revealed that streaming viewing time worldwide grew 13% in Q2 2021, as compared to Q2 2020, with Africa growing 79% and South America 192% driven by the launch of new services.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
discovery+ app coming to VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Aug 3, 2021 – Discovery and VIZIO have announced that discovery+ will be available on VIZIO SmartCast by September providing viewers across America with access to the discovery+ app on their VIZIO Smart TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Discovery, Inc, Mike O’Donnell, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
Jun 24, 2021 – Thanks to a partnership between Astro and Netflix, Astro customers will soon be able to enjoy direct access to Netflix on their connected Ultra Boxes, and on connected Ulti Boxes in the coming months.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Henry Tan, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
VIZIO upgrades SmartCast TV platform with VIZIO Voice
Jun 4, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has shared details on an update to its SmartCast Smart TV platform. New models of SmartCast TVs will include a new push-to-talk Voice Remote with VIZIO Voice, helping to navigate apps and channels.
News categories: VIZIO, Chris Vinckier, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying