Digital TV News: ONT
Imagine Communications partners with Google for TV advertising
Sep 13, 2023 – Imagine Communications has announced a partnership with Google Ad Manager, enabling broadcasters and TV operators to run campaigns while ensuring consistent ad placement on all delivery platforms.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Google Ad Manager, Rob Malcolm, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
DAZN using Broadpeak multicast ABR technology
Aug 31, 2023 – DAZN is using Broadpeak's nanoCDN multicast ABR solution for OTT delivery, enabling the delivery of live sports, with bandwidth savings and an outstanding quality of experience.
News categories: Broadpeak, DAZN, Jacques Le Mancq, Sandeep Tiku, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Streaming
India Entertainment & Media industry to grow at 9.48% CAGR to 2027
Jul 17, 2023 – India's Entertainment & Media industry is expected to reach INR 6,828,903Cr (US$82.745bn) by 2027 - an 8.6% CAGR. These figures come from PwC's Global Entertainment & Media Outlook 2023-2027.
News categories: PwC, Manpreet Singh Ahuja, Werner Ballhaus, Advertising, Digital TV, Gaming, India, Market Research, Streaming
CIS Group and Veset power CNN Brazil on Samsung TV Plus
Jul 12, 2023 – CNN Brazil is making its news channel available on Samsung TV Plus using Veset's cloud playout solution, adding connected TV to its existing cable TV and YouTube distribution.
News categories: Veset, CIS Group, CNN Brazil, Gatis Gailis, Felipe Andrade, Rafael Duzzi, Apps, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Smart TV, Streaming
Foxtel Media selects Magnite as programmatic ad partner for BINGE
Jul 5, 2023 – Magnite (Nasdaq:MGNI) has been chosen by Foxtel Media to enable programmatic advertising on BINGE's ad-supported tier, providing access to ad inventory on CTV and OTT platforms.
News categories: Magnite, Foxtel Media, Juliette Stead, Chris Oxley, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming
KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
Jun 7, 2023 – Amagi has announced that KC Global Media Asia (KCGM) has deployed Amagi's SaaS offerings to distribute its premium anime channel, Animax, across multiple OTT platforms in India.
News categories: Amagi, KC Global Media, Srinivasan KA, Avani Bhanchawat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
Jun 5, 2023 – Apple has unveiled Apple Vision Pro, a spatial computer that blends digital content with the physical world, while allowing users to stay present and connected to others.
News categories: Apple, Tim Cook, Mike Rockwell, Digital TV, Hardware, Metaverse, USA
New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
May 26, 2023 – New DIRECTV STREAM customers who sign-up for the service can receive priority access to the waiting list for a Telly 55” 4K dual-screen TV due to launch later this summer.
News categories: Telly, DIRECTV, Ilya Pozin, Vikash Sharma, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
Mar 29, 2023 – Evolution Digital has announced that its EVO FORCE 1 set-top box has been integrated with OpenSync, the first Android TV STB to make the OpenSync home networking framework available.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Plume, OpenSync, Marc Cohen, Liem Vo, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126