Digital TV News: ORANGE
SoftAtHome powers hybrid satellite set-top box for Orange in Africa
Sep 8, 2022 – SoftAtHome has equipped a hybrid OTT/satellite STB targeting several African countries. The box integrates Canal+ International and several additional services including Orange VOD, Canal+ Replay, YouTube, TV5Monde+ and local TV channels.
News categories: SoftAtHome, David Viret Lange, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, IBC2022, Mali, Middleware, Satellite, Senegal, Set Top Box
Zappware launches Android TV DVB-C solution at Orange Moldova
Sep 6, 2022 – Zappware continues to expand its Android TV deployments in the Orange group with a DVB-C TV solution. The software brings a hybrid setup of DVB-C in up to 4K UHD quality and over-the-top internet connectivity.
News categories: Zappware, Orange Moldova, Patrick Vos, Ludmila Nistorică, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Moldova, Set Top Box
ORANGE and MÁSMÓVIL sign agreement to combine operations in Spain
Jul 23, 2022 – The joint venture between MASMOVIL and ORANGE will create a sustainable player with the financial capacity and scale to continue investing to foster the future of infrastructure competition in Spain for the benefit of consumers and businesses.
News categories: ORANGE, MÁSMÓVIL, Christel Heydemann, Meinrad Spenger, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Spain
Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
Jun 23, 2022 – Orange TV customers will be able to enjoy sports content provided by DAZN, both on a specific linear channel available on Orange TV STBs, as well as through the DAZN app, also available on STBs, as well as on Smart TVs and mobiles.
News categories: DAZN, Orange, Bosco Aranguren, Nacho García-Legaz, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Streaming
Evoca integrates Sling TV into Nextgen TV service
May 26, 2022 – Evoca has announced a partnership with SLING TV that allows Evoca users to add SLING to their Evoca subscription. Evoca customers may now add one of SLING's three services to supplement Evoca's 60+ channels.
News categories: Evoca, Sling, Todd Achilles, Apps, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
May 11, 2022 – Orange has reached an agreement with AMC Networks to offer AMC+ on-demand content for the first time in Spain. The service will be available to all subscribers with access to Orange TV’s entertainment offering from this June.
News categories: AMC Networks, Orange, Manuel Balsera, Miquel Penella, Ignacio García-Legaz, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
May 10, 2022 – Globecast has partnered with France Televisions Overseas, and its Regionale Directorate Réunion La 1ère, to trial a 4K pop-up channel on La Réunion. Globecast and Orange created a trial of 4K contribution over 5G for the event.
News categories: Globecast, France Télévisions, Orange, Samy Nicolas Bouchalat, Philippe Bernard, Eric Grand, Frédéric Ayangma, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mascarene Islands
Orange TV subscribers down 66,000 in 1Q 2022
Apr 26, 2022 – Orange has provided first quarter 2022 financial information to 31 March 2022. The company finished the quarter with 11.701 million IPTV and satellite customers, down 66,000 in the quarter and up 1.264 million year-on-year.
News categories: Orange, Belgium, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Luxembourg, Poland, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers
Commscope to build Orange TV Box 4K set-tops for Moldova
Apr 28, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Orange Moldova to provide set top boxes powered by Android TV. With the launch of the Orange TV Box 4K, Orange Moldova will offer subscribers a hybrid DVB-C 4K UHD digital video decoder.
News categories: CommScope, Orange, Anthony Zuyderhoff, Olga Surugiu, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Moldova, Set Top Box
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle