Digital TV News: Omdia
Synamedia updates ad platform and adds Index Exchange partnership
Sep 7, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled updates to its Synamedia Iris advertising platform that expand campaign formats and increase monetisation options. A partnership with Index Exchange connects Iris customers with global advertisers.
News categories: Synamedia, Index Exchange, Scott Kewley, Marija Masalskis, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
TiVo IPTV platform expands into EMEA
Aug 24, 2023 – TiVo has been offering its IPTV Platform to pay TV and telecom operators across North and Latin America for nearly 5 years, and is now extending its reach to include EMEA.
News categories: TiVo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, IPTV, UX
Hisense ranked global no. 2 for TV shipments for 3rd successive quarter
Aug 24, 2023 – Hisense shipped the second largest volume of TVs in the world in 2Q 2023, according to Omdia. This is the third consecutive financial quarter that Omdia has ranked Hisense second.
News categories: Hisense, Omdia, Digital TV, IFABerlin, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
U.S. home entertainment spending topped $20 billion in H1 2023
Aug 18, 2023 – According to DEG, U.S. consumers spent $20.5 billion on movies and TV shows in the first six months of 2023, up 14.7% from the $17.9 billion spent in the first six months of 2022.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Connected cars on the road to grow 18% in 2023
Jul 25, 2023 – Omdia research reveals that over 900 million connected cars will be on the road at the start of the next decade, eclipsing the installed base of consumer devices such as pay-TV STBs and tablets.
News categories: Omdia, David Tett, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Weighted average TV panel shipped exceeds 50" for the first time
Jul 24, 2023 – Research from Omdia indicates that, for the first time, the monthly LCD TV display shipment weighted average size has surpassed 50", as panel makers shift to larger sizes.
News categories: Omdia, David Hsieh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Large-area LCD shipments expected to decrease 3.2% in 2023
Jul 5, 2023 – Large-area LCD shipments are expected to exhibit negative growth of -3.2% YoY in 2023 owing to slower demand and panel makers' utilization management, according to Omdia.
News categories: Omdia, Peter Su, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Semiconductor market extends record decline into fifth quarter
Jun 28, 2023 – According to Omdia, the semiconductor market declined in revenue for a fifth straight quarter in Q1 2023, the longest period of decline since Omdia began tracking the market in 2002.
News categories: Omdia, Cliff Leimbach, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
Jun 5, 2023 – The Central and Eastern European (CEE) market is on track to reach $42m in FAST revenues by 2028 according to Omdia. CEE joins a buoyant market currently dominated by the US.
News categories: Omdia, Maria Rua Aguete, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029