Digital TV News: Orion
ViacomCBS renames, and unveils international expansion plan for Paramount+
Feb 15, 2022 – ViacomCBS has announced that it will become Paramount Global effective February 16. The company will continue the global expansion of Paramount+ in 2022, with Paramount+ making its debut in France as a bundle through the CANAL+ Group.
News categories: Paramount, Shari Redstone, Bob Bakish, Tanya Giles, Digital TV, France, Streaming, Worldwide
Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
Jun 24, 2021 – Zodiac has integrated Agama's client device monitoring system into its Stack software for STBs and Android Smart TVs. The solution provides tools to monitor video and data quality, and customer usage.
News categories: Agama, Zodiac, Orion Innovation, Mikael Dahlgren, Bart Vanderostyne, Derek Harrar, Raj Patil, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
Jul 8, 2020 – Interra Systems has integrated its ORION-OTT end-to-end monitoring platform with the KeyOS multi-DRM platform from BuyDRM. ORION-OTT is a monitoring platform for quality assurance of ABR streams.
News categories: BuyDRM, Interra Systems, Christopher Levy, Anupama Anantharaman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Orion acquires Zodiac Systems
Jun 8, 2020 – Orion Innovation has announced the acquisition of Zodiac Systems. Zodiac provides advanced cloud and device software and engineering services for Tier 1 media and telecom operators globally.
News categories: Orion Innovation, Zodiac Systems, One Equity Partners, Raj Patil, Digital TV, MandA, Software, Worldwide
Interra and Skyline team up to improve quality of OTT services
May 5, 2020 – Interra Systems and Skyline Communications have announced an integration that gives broadcasters and OTT service providers a single, automated, end-to-end solution to efficiently manage OTT content workflow orchestration and quality alerts.
News categories: Interra Systems, Skyline Communications, Anupama Anantharaman, Steven Soenens, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
MediaKind harnesses Inspur Digital Media’s cloud-based virtualized servers
Apr 10, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that by harnessing Inspur Digital Media’s cloud-based virtualized servers and software running on Inspur Digital Media Openstack cloud, the companies are now able to provide an end-to-end solution to TV service providers in APAC.
News categories: MediaKind, Inspur, Sven Bolthausen, Cui Wei, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
MediaKind integrates Netflix into Mediaroom at VIVO in Brazil
Mar 11, 2019 – MediaKind is collaborating with Telefônica Brasil to enhance the user experience for more than 350,000 VIVO Fibra subscribers through the integration of Netflix into the MediaKind Mediaroom platform’s interactive menu system.
News categories: MediaKind, Telefônica, Clayton Cruz, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Streaming
Slovak Telekom and T-Mobile Czech Republic select MediaKind for IPTV
Nov 21, 2018 – MediaKind has been selected by Slovak Telekom and T-Mobile Czech Republic, members of the Deutsche Telekom group, to power the delivery of market-leading IPTV services to consumers in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
News categories: MediaKind, Slovak Telekom, T-Mobile Czech Republic, Angel Ruiz, Andrej Pinak, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Slovakia
MediaKind Personalization Suite manages advertising and content distribution rights
Sep 15, 2018 – MediaKind has launched its MediaKind Personalization Suite. The suite includes a newly launched placement and content distribution rights application - pre-integrated with MediaKind's dynamic ad insertion, encoding & packaging, storage and delivery capabilities.
News categories: MediaKind, Boris Felts, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated