Digital TV News: PacketVideo
PacketVideo Twonky extends capabilities of NOTTV in TV BOX
May 21, 2014 – PacketVideo (PV) has announced that its Twonky SDK technology will extend NOTTV capabilities through several new devices and apps being released by NTT DOCOMO, including TV BOX.
News categories: PacketVideo, NTT DOCOMO, Seiji Maruyama, Mark Tapling, Apps, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone
Hisense and PacketVideo Partner to Bring Twonky-Enabled Connected TVs to the Global Market
Jan 8, 2013 – PacketVideo has announced that its Twonky software has been selected by Hisense for use in its Google TV products and select Linux connected TVs. Twonky allows users to play content from any device in their local network, or use their mobile phone or tablet to control the TV.
News categories: PacketVideo, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
STMicroelectronics Leads the Way to the Ultimate Connected Home
Sep 6, 2012 – At IBC, STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is demonstrating the company's STiH416 ('Orly') connected-home System-on-Chip (SoC) device with Twonky Server software from PacketVideo to enable the ultimate connected-home experience.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, PacketVideo, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, IBC, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home
ViXS Systems and PacketVideo Develop Whole Home NAS Solution
Jan 3, 2012 – At CES 2012 ViXS Systems will be demonstrating PacketVideo's TwonkyServer™ 6.0 connected home solution running on it's XCode 4208 NAS SoC. TwonkyServer makes finding media and playing it back on connected home and mobile devices as simple as drag and drop.
News categories: PacketVideo, ViXS Systems, CES2022, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Global Market for Mobile Video Services to Reach US$30 Billion by 2017
Nov 10, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Video Services market. The market for mobile video services is projected to reach US$30 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
UltraViolet™ Begins B2B Deployment in U.S. Market
Jul 13, 2011 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), the consortium dedicated to facilitating the development and operation of UltraViolet™, has announced the launch of its licensing program for content, technology and service providers.
News categories: UltraViolet, Content Protection, DRM, Streaming, USA
PacketVideo's CORE Multimedia Framework Powers New SoftBank 830N Handset Manufactured by NEC
Mar 10, 2009 – PacketVideo (PV) has announced that its CORE™ multimedia client framework has been selected by NEC to power advanced media services on the new SoftBank 830N handset. The SoftBank 830N has been on sale in Japan since February 2009.
News categories: PacketVideo, NEC, SoftBank, Japan, Middleware, Mobile
PacketVideo Brings Live TV to the iPhone
Feb 16, 2009 – PacketVideo (PV) [NASDAQ: WAVE] has announced the commercial availability of PV's mobile video application for the Apple iPhone, enabling the delivery of operator-branded TV and video services on the popular smartphone for the first time.
News categories: PacketVideo, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC21
PacketVideo and Nagravision turn WiFi-enabled devices into mobile TVs
Feb 11, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) and PacketVideo (PV) [NASDAQ: WAVE] have introduced the first conditional access (CA)-enabled version of the Telly device. Telly turns iPhones, WiFi-enabled phones, portable media players and PCs into mobile television sets.
News categories: Nagravision, PacketVideo, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC21, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected