Digital TV News: Piksel
Piksel brings machine learning-powered metadata enrichment to NAB Show 2019
Mar 27, 2019 – Piksel has announced plans to unveil two new machine learning powered additions to its Fuse suite of products at NAB Show 2019. The new features allow customers to automatically enrich title metadata and conduct AI-driven visual analysis.
News categories: Piksel, Kris Brown, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
RTL Netherlands selects video platform from Piksel
Jul 30, 2018 – Piksel has announced that it has been selected by RTL Netherlands to be a part of the broadcaster’s OTT TV services. Piksel is working with RTL to develop a destination that brings together all of its most popular linear and on-demand viewing in one place.
News categories: Piksel, RTL, Kristan Bullett, Giovanni Piccirilli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming
Piksel brings global vendors together for new ‘metadata ecosystem’
Apr 5, 2018 – Piksel has announced the creation of a new ‘metadata ecosystem’ with a range of metadata vendors from across Europe. The ecosystem will bring together vendors including the Bindinc.Metadata, Mediadata TV, Plurimedia and XroadMedia.
News categories: Piksel, Bindinc, Mediadata TV, Plurimedia, XroadMedia, Kristan Bullett, Corry Siegers, Big Data, Digital TV, France, Netherlands, Spain, UK
Piksel selects DLVR to provide multi-CDN optimization
Sep 11, 2017 – DLVR has announced that Piksel will be integrating DLVR’s services into their digital media offerings. DLVR provides internet video publishers a new way to take advantage of multiple CDNs, routing traffic to the best network based on DLVR’s real-time, individual stream optimization and the publisher’s business rules.
News categories: DLVR, Piksel, Michael Gordon, Paul Mardling, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Piksel to integrate Friend MTS digital watermarking
May 3, 2017 – Piksel and Friend MTS have announced a partnership that will see the two companies integrate Friend MTS’ ASiD digital watermarking technology into Piksel’s cloud-based video services and end-to-end OTT platform.
News categories: Friend MTS, Piksel, Jonathan Friend, Mark Christie, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Piksel integrates Intertrust ExpressPlay Mobile SDK
Apr 9, 2014 – Piksel and Intertrust have announced the availability of PikselGuard 4 with Marlin DRM, an open standard digital rights management platform. PikselGuard 4 incorporates Intertrust's ExpressPlay™ mobile SDK for Marlin DRM protection.
News categories: Piksel, Intertrust, Mark Portu, John Gildred, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Piksel OTT solution for Belgium's VRT
Mar 6, 2014 – Piksel has been commissioned by VRT, Belgium's national public television broadcaster, to deliver an OTT solution supporting VOD, catch-up and live content on multiple devices.
News categories: Piksel, VRT, Tom Caljon, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Video Exchange
Classic Video on Demand vendors risk losing half VOD market by 2018
Jun 4, 2013 – The shift of video consumption to tablets and smartphones is causing operator requirements for video on demand (VOD) systems to change as vendors struggle to keep up with current generation needs, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029