Digital TV News: S&T
Digital Alert Systems powers ATSC 3.0 Advanced Emergency Alerting demos at NAB 2019
Apr 2, 2019 – Digital Alert Systems has announced that its DASDEC series of Emergency Alert System (EAS)/Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) encoder/decoders will power demonstrations across the 2019 NAB Show that showcase the ATSC 3.0 Advanced Emergency Alerting (AEA) specification.
News categories: Digital Alert Systems, Ed Czarnecki, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Alticast, S&T and UniSoft show ATSC 3.0 solution at NAB NYC 2018
Oct 9, 2018 – At NAB NYC 2018, Alticast, S&T and UniSoft will demonstrate how the companies’ combined technologies allow broadcasters and content delivery networks to fully leverage the benefits and monetization potential of the ATSC 3.0 Next Gen TV broadcast standard.
News categories: Alticast, S&T, UniSoft, Jae Park, Adrian Fowkes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
S&T, ACCESS and Pixsan offer combined solution for DVB and HbbTV
Apr 27, 2015 – Strategy & Technology, ACCESS Co, and Pixsan Digital Software have announced the launch of 'Project Uno', a software solution leveraging the Universal Television Kit (UTK) Shared Source base for hybrid TV.
News categories: S&T, ACCESS Co, Pixsan, David Cutts, Dr. Neale Foster, Jon Williams, Digital TV, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Alticast, S&T and UniSoft demonstrate TV apps for ATSC at NAB 2015
Apr 8, 2015 – At NAB 2015, Alticast, Strategy & Technology (S&T) and UniSoft are partnering to demonstrate how the companies combined technologies enable broadcasters to deliver ATSC Interactive applications by overlaying graphics onto their video content.
News categories: Alticast, Strategy & Technology, UniSoft, John Carlucci, Adrian Fowkes, Guy Hadland, Apps, ATSC 3, NABShow, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Alticast and S&T demo interactive TV applications for ATSC 2.0 at IBCShow
Sep 8, 2014 – Alticast and Strategy & Technology (S&T) will demonstrate at IBC 2014 how the companies combined technologies enable broadcasters to deliver ATSC 2.0 applications by overlaying graphics onto their video content.
News categories: Alticast, Strategy & Technology, John Carlucci, Adrian Fowkes, Apps, ATSC 3, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2022, USA
S&T provides security for OTT premium content on UK Freeview
May 20, 2014 – Strategy & Technology has built on its established Bastion security system to develop Bastion Pro. It is currently the only security offering for Freeview HD TVs that provides hardware authentication, thus enabling protection of premium content.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, David Cutts, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Rostelecom chooses IPTV STB tender winners
Apr 23, 2013 – Rostelecom has chosen five box manufacturers as a result of its IPTV set-top box tender. The companies are Promsvyaz, CompuTel, SmartLabs, Promzakaz and S&T International.
News categories: Rostelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Set Top Box
Digisoft.tv integrates MHEG from S&T
Dec 5, 2012 – Digisoft.tv has announced the integration of RedKey, the MHEG 5 engine from S&T, into its set-top box middleware stack, Iris. The company will offer MHEG, including interaction channel components, as a standard part of its DVB offering.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Strategy & Technology, MHEG-5, Middleware
Complete Solution for streamed content available to Freeview and Freesat consumers
Aug 31, 2012 – Synapse TV brings together SimpleStream, S&T and Vision21 (V21) to deliver a one-stop solution to integrate over the top internet video into digital broadcasting systems.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, SimpleStream, Vision21, IBC2022, MHEG-5, Streaming, UK
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden