Digital TV News: SK Telecom
Sinclair, CAST.ERA, SK Telecom & Hyundai Mobis show live, in-vehicle broadcasting
Jan 3, 2023 – Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) has announced that it has completed a live, in-vehicle, demonstration of the practical application of NextGen Broadcast (ATSC 3.0) automotive services.
News categories: Sinclair, CAST.ERA, SK Telecom, Hyundai Mobis, Mark Aitken, Kevin Gage, Lee Dong-kee, 5G, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
Aug 1, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) has entered into agreements with Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) to collaborate on NextGen Broadcast business models and technology in Korea and the U.S.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Korean Broadcasting System, Munhwa Broadcasting, Chris Ripley, Del Parks, Eui-Chul Kim, Sung-Jae Park, Kevin Gage, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Streaming, USA
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
Jun 22, 2022 – Pay-TV services revenue in South Korea is expected to grow marginally at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.14%, from $6.5 billion in 2021 to $6.9 billion in 2026, mainly supported by the IPTV segment, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Harendra Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Satellite
SK Broadband adds 138,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 11, 2021 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced results for the second quarter of 2021. The company added 138k IPTV subscribers in the quarter to finish with 8.81m pay-TV subscribers in total (IPTV 5.92m, CATV 2.89m).
News categories: SK Telecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media demo 'Enhanced GPS' with ATSC 3.0
Jun 2, 2021 – BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media have demonstrated new use cases for the ATSC 3.0 standard showing its ability to significantly enhance the accuracy of GPS - a potential new tool for autonomous vehicle navigation.
News categories: BitPath, ONE Media, SK Telecom, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Yoon Kim, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, In-Car, USA
CAST.ERA plans 5G-ATSC 3.0 launches in the U.S. and Korea
Apr 30, 2021 – CAST.ERA palns to introduce 5G-ATSC 3.0 technology to the U.S. and Korea by the end of this year. The technology will enable the broadcasting of UHD video with low-to-zero latency to TVs and mobile devices.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Yoon Kim, Del Parks, Kevin Gage, 5G, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
Jan 14, 2020 – South Korea’s IPTV revenue is set to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% for the period 2019-2024, according to GlobalData. The country's IPTV service revenue is expected to reach US$3.8bn with a subscriber base of 19.26 million in 2024.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Subscribers
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 13, 2020 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) have announced Cast.era, a joint venture focused on cloud infrastructure for broadcasting, ultra-low latency over-the-top (OTT) broadcasting, and targeted advertising.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Kevin Gage, Lee Jong-min, Park Kyung-mo, Advertising, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution