Digital TV News: Samsung
InfoSum announces clean room partnership with Samsung Ads
Apr 25, 2023 – InfoSum is working with Samsung Ads to create a clean room solution that will enable Samsung Ads clients to match and activate audiences in InfoSum's privacy-first environment.
News categories: InfoSum, Samsung, Brian Lesser, Justin Evans, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Samsung opens new TV factory in Nepal
Apr 26, 2023 – Samsung has inaugurated a new TV factory in Nepal in collaboration with its partner, Him Electronics. The factory will help develop a stronger electronics manufacturing ecosystem in the country.
News categories: Him Electronics, Samsung, Shekhar Golchha, JB Park, Digital TV, Nepal, Smart TV
Vialma chooses OKAST to launch FAST channel on Samsung TV Plus
Apr 17, 2023 – Vialma has chosen OKAST Channels to launch its FAST service on the Samsung TV Plus platform. OKAST Channels enabled Vialma to create, launch, and distribute its FAST channel in a few weeks.
News categories: OKAST, Vialma, Cédric Monnier, Guillaume Descottes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Pearl TV brings NEXTGEN TV And Run3 TV to NAB Show 2023
Apr 13, 2023 – At NAB Show 2023, Pearl TV will demonstrate NEXTGEN TV features and capabilities with partners including Comcast NBCUniversal, Samsung and LG Electronics.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Robert Folliard, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
India Smart TV shipments grew 28% in 2022
Apr 4, 2023 – India's smart TV shipments grew 28% YoY in 2022, according Counterpoint Research. For Q4 2022, the growth was almost flat at 2% YoY due to a slowdown in demand after the festive season.
News categories: Counterpoint, Akash Jatwala, Anshika Jain, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Pixalate releases February 2023 CTV device market share report
Apr 7, 2023 – Pixalate has released its February 2023 CTV Device Global Market Share Report. The report reveals the top CTV devices across key regions based on the share of open programmatic ad traffic.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Asia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Annual AVOD/FAST ad revenue already above €250m in the EU5
Apr 4, 2023 – In 2022, NPA Conseil and Médiamétrie estimate that AVOD and FAST advertising revenues reached €255 million in the EU5, with the UK and Germany accounting for 80%.
News categories: Médiamétrie, NPA Conseil, Laurence Deléchapt, Philippe Bailly, Advertising, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Streaming, UK
yes selects Synamedia and 3SS for smart TV user experience
Mar 30, 2023 – yes (TASE: BEZQ) is deploying a smart TV UX for its yes+ premium streaming service powered by Synamedia. yes has also released a range of yes+ smart TV apps developed by 3SS, in partnership with Synamedia.
News categories: Synamedia, 3SS, 'yes', Dr. Tzvi Gerstl, Kai-Christian Borchers, Itzhak Elyakim, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Smart TV, Streaming, UX
Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
Mar 28, 2023 – Nearly 7 in 10 (69%) TV content viewers in the U.S. use free streaming services at least monthly, a sharp increase from 42% in 2019, according to a recent study from Horowitz.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028