Digital TV News: Sezmi
Sezmi Selects Netgem Technologies to Extend its Multi-Screen TV Platform
Jun 7, 2011 – Sezmi Corporation and Netgem have announced a partnership to include Netgem's set-top-box technology as part of Sezmi's TV offering. The first customer deployment resulting from this collaboration is Mexico's Grupo Iusacell.
News categories: Netgem, Sezmi, Iusacell, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Mobile, Set Top Box
Grupo Iusacell Selects Sezmi to Deliver Personalized Home and Mobile Video Services in Mexico
Mar 22, 2011 – Sezmi Corporation has announced that Mexico's Grupo Iusacell has chosen Sezmi's hybrid broadcast-broadband TV platform to deploy multiple next-generation video services for its mobile businesses and its fiber-to-the-home business Totalplay.
News categories: Sezmi, Grupo Iusacell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Mobile, Set Top Box
Sezmi and YTL to Deploy Wireless Hybrid TV Platform in Malaysia
Oct 11, 2010 – Sezmi and YTL Communications have announced a partnership to launch Asia's first converged intelligent TV and Internet service, which will provide wireless delivery of consumer entertainment and communications services in Malaysia.
News categories: Sezmi, YTL Communications, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes Enable Operators and Broadcasters for Internet Video Battleground
Sep 29, 2010 – With an Internet Protocol (IP) link coming in to nearly every possible consumer electronics device with a screen, hybrid Web-to-TV set top boxes (STB) will be vital tools that enable broadcasters and operators to compete, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Worldwide Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Box Market Will Reach US$ 1.3 Billion by 2014
Aug 10, 2010 – Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes will bring a new set of Internet services to TV sets. The value of Hybrid Set Top Boxes that are immediately put into use will reach US$ 1.3 Billion worldwide by 2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Media Player, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
OTT Video Providers Jockeying For Position As Market Heats Up
Jun 29, 2010 – Industry participants in the over-the-top (OTT) video market are positioning themselves for what is anticipated to be a high-growth market with multi-billion dollar revenue streams, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Sezmi Personal TV Service Now Available in Los Angeles Best Buy Stores
Feb 18, 2010 – Sezmi has announced an introductory release of its all-in-one television service, available in the greater Los Angeles area exclusively through Best Buy (NYSE: BBY).
News categories: Sezmi, Best Buy, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Sezmi Launches Public Pilot of All-in-One Personal TV Service
Nov 16, 2009 – Sezmi has announced that it has made its all-in-one television service available to the public in an exclusive pilot in Los Angeles. Sezmi offers television content from cable networks together with on-demand movies and internet video content.
News categories: Sezmi, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Opportunities for Internet Video on the TV
May 13, 2009 – An IMS Research study reveals that an estimated 65 million households worldwide had the capability of viewing Internet video on their television set at the end of 2008. This represents growth of 134% over year end 2007.
News categories: IMS Research, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVR, Gaming, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028