Digital TV News: Silicon & Software Systems
S3 and Broadcom Support BSkyB's Set-Top Box Development
Jul 19, 2010 – S3 Group has announced that it has collaborated with BSkyB (LSE:BSY) on the development of its latest HD set-top boxes (STBs), the DRX890 and the DRX895. These boxes include advanced STB technology from Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM).
News categories: S3 Group, Broadcom, BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UK
Microsoft Selects S3 as Mediaroom IPTV Set-Top Box Testing Partner
Sep 8, 2009 – S3 has been selected as a Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) Mediaroom testing partner to provide set-top-box (STB) testing services. S3 will undertake testing work for OEMs to test new and derivative STB models for deployment by Mediaroom customers.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Microsoft, Paul Kavanagh, Steve Koepp, IBC2023, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Irdeto Selects S3's StormTest to Automate Testing of End-To-End Conditional Access System
May 27, 2009 – S3 has announced that Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has selected their StormTest product to support the development and testing of their Conditional Access (CA) system. StormTest is a set-top box (STB) automated test and analysis system.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Irdeto, ANGA COM, Conditional Access, Set Top Box
BSkyB Licences S3's StormTest to Automate Testing of its Set-Top Boxes
May 27, 2009 – S3 has announced that BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has licensed its StormTest product in order to automate testing of its Set-Top Boxes (STB). StormTest is a STB test and analysis system. The StormTest product is now available for general release globally.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, BSkyB, ANGA COM, Satellite, Set Top Box
I&C Technology Selects Mixed-Signal IP from S3 for Mobile TV SoC
Feb 9, 2009 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that I&C Technology has licensed S3's mixed-signal IP for their leading-edge mobile TV SoC. The SoCs are now in volume production for the Korean mobile TV market.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, I&C Technology, Korea, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
S3's Advanced Set-Top Box Development Endorsed by STMicroelectronics
May 23, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is promoting the coLinkTV™ software product for OpenTV Core 2.0 advanced STB development.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Garmin licenses S3's onHandTV Mobile TV Software
Mar 31, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that their onHandTV™ Mobile TV software has been licensed by Garmin, the global leader in portable satellite navigation.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Garmin, Digital TV, In-Car, Italy, Middleware, Mobile
S3 and Irdeto Simplify Mobile TV Handset Integration
Feb 10, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems Ltd. (S3) and Irdeto, a subsidiary of Naspers (JSE: NPN), have announced integrated software that allows mobile TV handset manufacturers to support both IPDC OSF and Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) BCAST in a single solution.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Irdeto, CAM, Conditional Access, DRM, Mobile, MWC23
MultiChoice Licenses onHandTV from S3
Jan 15, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that leading Pay-TV operator MultiChoice has licensed S3's onHandTV™ Software Development Kit (SDK) for DVB-H to further develop their interactive Mobile Broadcast TV services.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, MultiChoice, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, South Africa
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond