Digital TV News: Sky Italia
Sky Italia to deliver new video streaming service with Harmonic
Sep 12, 2019 – Sky Italia will launch a video streaming service using Harmonic's cloud-native media processing software and content-aware encoding (CAE) technology. The Harmonic solution is integrated into Sky Italia's hybrid cloud streaming platform.
News categories: Harmonic, Sky Italia, Ian Graham, Gabriele Ubertini, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Italy, Satellite
MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
May 15, 2019 – MainStreaming has announced it has secured $6 million in a new round of funding, bringing its total raised to over $10 million. This round was led by Indaco Venture Partners SGR, together with Sony Innovation Fund and existing investor, United Ventures.
News categories: MainStreaming, Indaco, Sony Innovation Fund, Antonio Corrado, Alvise Bonivento, Gen Tsuchikawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Mediaset Premium sells 100% of R2 to Sky Italia
Nov 30, 2018 – Mediaset Premium has sold to Sky Italia 100% of R2, the company set up by Mediaset to enable Sky to provide its pay TV offer also on DTT through a supply contract for technical and commercial services.
News categories: Mediaset, Sky Italia, Digital TV, Italy, MnA, Terrestrial
NAGRA secures Sky Italia’s new retail DVB-T pay-TV service
Oct 25, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Sky Italia have launched a DVB-T pay-TV service secured by NAGRA’s broadcast and direct-to-TV content protection technologies. The DTT service is available via an STB and CAMs for digital TVs.
News categories: NAGRA, Sky Italia, Carlo Stramaglia, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ARRIS extends growth with customer wins in APAC
Oct 23, 2018 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced two high-profile customer wins – Foxtel (Australia) and SK Broadband (Korea)– showcasing continued international momentum for its expanded portfolio.
News categories: ARRIS International, Foxtel, SK Broadband, Steve McCaffery, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Set Top Box
ARRIS announcing additional customer wins at IBC
Sep 13, 2018 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced a number of customer wins from around the world. Recent wins with HBO Latin America, Liberty Global in Germany, Sky Italia and Stofa in Denmark underscore ARRIS's international leadership.
News categories: ARRIS International, Steve McCaffery, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Mediaset agrees partnership with Sky Italia
Mar 30, 2018 – An agreement has been reached between Mediaset and Sky Italia expanding the reach of Mediaset Premium content and channels on one side and increasing the availability of high-quality content for Sky subscribers on the other side.
News categories: Mediaset, Sky Italia, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite, Terrestrial
Sky to offer pay-DTT in Italy via deal with Mediaset
Mar 30, 2018 – Sky Italia and Mediaset/Rti have signed a dual commercial partnership that will benefit both Sky and Mediaset Premium’s existing customers, while enabling Italian viewers to enjoy Sky via a new DTT service.
News categories: Sky Italia, Mediaset, Andrea Zappia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Terrestrial
Sky Italia and Open Fiber agree long-term deal
Mar 29, 2018 – Sky Italia and Open Fiber have announced a long-term deal to launch a fibre-only service from summer 2019, to drive long-term growth in fibre and Pay-TV services. This fibre-only service will be available alongside Sky’s existing services.
News categories: Sky Italia, Open Fiber, Andrea Zappia, Elisabetta Ripa, Digital TV, Fibre, Italy, Satellite
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption