Digital TV News: Sky Italia
Sky Italia renews capacity contract with Eutelsat
Sep 2, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Sky Italia have agreed a renewal of Sky's capacity contract at Eutelsat's HOTBIRD position. The multi-year contract represents a secured backlog of circa €450 million for Eutelsat.
News categories: Eutelsat, Sky Italia, Rodolphe Belmer, Maximo Ibarra, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
Sky Italia to trial Linius Personalised TV
Jun 9, 2020 – Linius Technologies (ASX: LNU) has received a purchase order from Sky Italia for the provision of its personalised TV solution. Sky Italia is to use Linius for the development of a Personalized Channels proof-of-concept.
News categories: Linius, Sky Italia, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy
Sky Italia to deliver new video streaming service with Harmonic
Sep 12, 2019 – Sky Italia will launch a video streaming service using Harmonic's cloud-native media processing software and content-aware encoding (CAE) technology. The Harmonic solution is integrated into Sky Italia's hybrid cloud streaming platform.
News categories: Harmonic, Sky Italia, Ian Graham, Gabriele Ubertini, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Italy, Satellite
MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
May 15, 2019 – MainStreaming has announced it has secured $6 million in a new round of funding, bringing its total raised to over $10 million. This round was led by Indaco Venture Partners SGR, together with Sony Innovation Fund and existing investor, United Ventures.
News categories: MainStreaming, Indaco, Sony Innovation Fund, Antonio Corrado, Alvise Bonivento, Gen Tsuchikawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Mediaset Premium sells 100% of R2 to Sky Italia
Nov 30, 2018 – Mediaset Premium has sold to Sky Italia 100% of R2, the company set up by Mediaset to enable Sky to provide its pay TV offer also on DTT through a supply contract for technical and commercial services.
News categories: Mediaset, Sky Italia, Digital TV, Italy, MandA, Terrestrial
NAGRA secures Sky Italia’s new retail DVB-T pay-TV service
Oct 25, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Sky Italia have launched a DVB-T pay-TV service secured by NAGRA’s broadcast and direct-to-TV content protection technologies. The DTT service is available via an STB and CAMs for digital TVs.
News categories: NAGRA, Sky Italia, Carlo Stramaglia, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ARRIS extends growth with customer wins in APAC
Oct 23, 2018 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced two high-profile customer wins – Foxtel (Australia) and SK Broadband (Korea)– showcasing continued international momentum for its expanded portfolio.
News categories: ARRIS International, Foxtel, SK Broadband, Steve McCaffery, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Set Top Box
ARRIS announcing additional customer wins at IBC
Sep 13, 2018 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced a number of customer wins from around the world. Recent wins with HBO Latin America, Liberty Global in Germany, Sky Italia and Stofa in Denmark underscore ARRIS's international leadership.
News categories: ARRIS International, Steve McCaffery, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Germany, IBC, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Mediaset agrees partnership with Sky Italia
Mar 30, 2018 – An agreement has been reached between Mediaset and Sky Italia expanding the reach of Mediaset Premium content and channels on one side and increasing the availability of high-quality content for Sky subscribers on the other side.
News categories: Mediaset, Sky Italia, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite, Terrestrial
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform