Digital TV News: Sony Interactive Entertainment
Sony Interactive Entertainment to acquire iSIZE
Nov 2, 2023 – Sony Interactive Entertainment has agreed to acquire iSIZE. iSIZE builds AI-powered solutions to deliver bitrate savings and quality improvements for the media and entertainment industry.
News categories: Sony Interactive Entertainment, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UK, Worldwide
Metaverse Standards Forum launched
Jun 21, 2022 – The Metaverse Standards Forum brings together standards organizations and companies for cooperation on interoperability standards needed to build the open metaverse. The Forum will explore where the lack of interoperability is holding back metaverse deployment.
News categories: Metaverse Standards Forum, Neil Trevett, Gaming, Metaverse, Worldwide
Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
Jul 28, 2021 – Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced that its newest generation game console, PlayStation 5 (PS5), has sold through more than 10 million units globally since its launch on November 12, 2020.
News categories: Sony Interactive Entertainment, Jim Ryan, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
PlayStation 5 launches this November
Sep 16, 2020 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) has announced launch date and price details for its PlayStation 5. On November 12, PS5 will launch in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea.
News categories: Sony Interactive Entertainment, Jim Ryan, Digital TV, Gaming, Worldwide
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Streaming, USA
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Streaming, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
Nov 12, 2019 – Disney+, from The Walt Disney Company, is now live in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, bringing together for the first time a lineup of content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming, USA
New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
Aug 19, 2019 – The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment has confirmed that Disney+ will launch in Canada and the Netherlands, in tandem with the U.S., on November 12 and in Australia and New Zealand on November 19.
News categories: Disney+, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, New Zealand, Streaming, USA
PlayStation VR install base reaches 2 million units worldwide
Dec 7, 2017 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) has announced sales milestones. On December 3, 2017, PlayStation 4 (PS4) had cumulatively sold more than 70.6 million units to consumers worldwide, and PlayStation VR (PS VR) had sold more than 2M units.
News categories: Sony Interactive Entertainment, Andrew House, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery