Digital TV News: Sun TV
Pay TV services market in India rapidly transforming
Jan 31, 2018 – The Pay TV services market in India has been rapidly transforming as a result of mandates such as digitization, GST, and demonetization. A social revolution in terms of content consumed, willingness to pay, rising trend of OTT video viewing, and demand for unconventional entertainment is shaping the mindset and outlook of the masses.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S. Nath, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile
Lebara diversifies into migrant OTT TV
Jun 19, 2015 – Lebara has announced the launch of an entertainment service for migrants. Lebara Play will be the only multi-ethnic entertainment service bringing together free and premium, fully licensed content in 13 languages in one place, without long-term commitments.
News categories: Lebara, Lebara Play, Yoganathan Ratheesan, Aditya Thakur, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Streaming
Asia-Pacific digital pay-TV subscriptions reached 148 million in 2010
May 12, 2011 – According to Asia Pacific Pay-TV & Broadband Markets 2011, a new report published by Media Partners Asia (MPA), India is set to overtake the US as the largest satellite market next year and will surpass China as the largest pay-TV ad market by 2018.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
APAC Pay-TV and Broadband Markets Poised For Profitable Growth
Apr 22, 2010 – Broad industry trends remain favorable in Asia's pay-TV and broadband markets, according to a new report published by Media Partners Asia (MPA). The report, entitled Asia Pacific Pay-TV & Broadband Markets 2010, says industry fundamentals are strong.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DVR, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, Satellite, Singapore, Streaming, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand
Ku-band Supply Crisis in South Asia: Myth or Reality?
Nov 27, 2007 – Direct-to-Home (DTH) services are the red hot topic in the South Asian commercial transponder market. Many within the industry are even raising the question if there simply is enough Ku-band transponder supply available and planned for the coming years to meet the rapid increase in Ku-band capacity demand in the region.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Bangladesh, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Pakistan, Satellite, Sri Lanka, TV Services
Sun TV to use Irdeto's Digital TV Security Solution in Launch of Direct-to-Home Satellite Broadcasts Across India
Jun 18, 2007 – Irdeto has announced at CommunicAsia that it has signed an agreement with India's Sun Direct TV to protect Sun TV's new direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television service.
News categories: Irdeto, Sun TV, BroadcastAsia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, Satellite
India - Sun TV joins hands with Malaysia's Astro for DTH
Apr 9, 2007 – Kalanithi Maran promoted Sun TV Group has forged a joint venture with Malaysia-based Astro All Asia Network Plc to provide Direct-to-Home (DTH) services in India in the second half of this year. More …
News categories: Digital TV, India, Malaysia, Satellite
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029