Digital TV News: Syabas
Sigma Designs Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2012 Results
Mar 7, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended January 28, 2012. Net revenue for the quarter was $35.6 million, down 10% from the previous quarter, and down 50% from the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Teams With Avtrex and Syabas Middleware Providers for Ultra Thin Set-Top Box Solution
Jan 12, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it has teamed with Avtrex and Syabas Technologies to add software and middleware technology to its advanced platform reference design, the Ultra Thin Set-Top Box.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Avtrex, Syabas, CES2021, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Syabas Announces a New Product to the Mix, PopBox V8
Sep 2, 2011 – Syabas has announced the latest addition to the PopBox product line. The PopBox V8, the first player to utilize Sigma Designs' (NASDAQ: SIGM) SMP8670 chipset, offers up an easy to use media player in a small, sleek package.
News categories: Syabas, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Syabas Is First to Implement Matroska 3D Video
Mar 16, 2011 – Syabas Technology has announced that it is the first to support Matroska 3D in its latest firmware update for both the Popcorn Hour and PopBox products. A free firmware update is now available for the Popcorn Hour C-200.
News categories: Syabas, Matroska, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, VR
Syabas and Miniweb Deliver Connected TV Functionality to Popbox Devices
Jan 9, 2011 – Syabas has announced the integration of Miniweb's connected TV platform into Syabas's new generation of Popbox and Popcorn Hour set top boxes (STB). The integration adds internet video search and personalization features to the STBs.
News categories: Syabas, Miniweb, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
PopBox™ Leverages RealD Technology to Bring 3D Cinema Experience to HDTVs
May 21, 2010 – PopBox™ has announced that in tandem with RealD it will equip all PopBox devices with the ability to display high-definition 3D content. PopBox is the first over-the-top set-top box to support the stereoscopic RealD Format.
News categories: RealD, PopBox, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, VR
Syabas Announces Popbox for Big Screen Everything
Jan 5, 2010 – Syabas has announced Popbox, a small, $129 open platform set-top box that streams music, movies, photos, games, social media updates and more to today's HDTVs. Popbox supports just about every audio and video file type.
News categories: Syabas, Popbox, CES2021, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Digital Media Adapters, Players, Receivers Emerge as Competitive New Connected Home Product Category
Nov 10, 2009 – A new class of devices, Digital Media Adapters (DMAs), Digital Media Players (DMPs), and Digital Media Receivers (DMRs) is emerging in the connected digital home, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVR, Gaming, Home Server, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
China Television Technology to use Syabas OTT set-top platform
Sep 28, 2009 – Syabas has signed an MOU with China Television Technology (CTT). CTT will set up a High Definition content application in which the content is streamed over the internet and decompressed to HDTVs and home stereos using Syabas technology.
News categories: Syabas, CCTV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand