Digital TV News: Syabas
Sigma Designs Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2012 Results
Mar 7, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended January 28, 2012. Net revenue for the quarter was $35.6 million, down 10% from the previous quarter, and down 50% from the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Teams With Avtrex and Syabas Middleware Providers for Ultra Thin Set-Top Box Solution
Jan 12, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it has teamed with Avtrex and Syabas Technologies to add software and middleware technology to its advanced platform reference design, the Ultra Thin Set-Top Box.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Avtrex, Syabas, CES2023, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Syabas Announces a New Product to the Mix, PopBox V8
Sep 2, 2011 – Syabas has announced the latest addition to the PopBox product line. The PopBox V8, the first player to utilize Sigma Designs' (NASDAQ: SIGM) SMP8670 chipset, offers up an easy to use media player in a small, sleek package.
News categories: Syabas, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Syabas Is First to Implement Matroska 3D Video
Mar 16, 2011 – Syabas Technology has announced that it is the first to support Matroska 3D in its latest firmware update for both the Popcorn Hour and PopBox products. A free firmware update is now available for the Popcorn Hour C-200.
News categories: Syabas, Matroska, Metaverse, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Syabas and Miniweb Deliver Connected TV Functionality to Popbox Devices
Jan 9, 2011 – Syabas has announced the integration of Miniweb's connected TV platform into Syabas's new generation of Popbox and Popcorn Hour set top boxes (STB). The integration adds internet video search and personalization features to the STBs.
News categories: Syabas, Miniweb, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
PopBox™ Leverages RealD Technology to Bring 3D Cinema Experience to HDTVs
May 21, 2010 – PopBox™ has announced that in tandem with RealD it will equip all PopBox devices with the ability to display high-definition 3D content. PopBox is the first over-the-top set-top box to support the stereoscopic RealD Format.
News categories: RealD, PopBox, Digital TV, Metaverse, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Syabas Announces Popbox for Big Screen Everything
Jan 5, 2010 – Syabas has announced Popbox, a small, $129 open platform set-top box that streams music, movies, photos, games, social media updates and more to today's HDTVs. Popbox supports just about every audio and video file type.
News categories: Syabas, Popbox, CES2023, Digital TV, Media Player, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
Digital Media Adapters, Players, Receivers Emerge as Competitive New Connected Home Product Category
Nov 10, 2009 – A new class of devices, Digital Media Adapters (DMAs), Digital Media Players (DMPs), and Digital Media Receivers (DMRs) is emerging in the connected digital home, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVR, Gaming, Home Server, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
China Television Technology to use Syabas OTT set-top platform
Sep 28, 2009 – Syabas has signed an MOU with China Television Technology (CTT). CTT will set up a High Definition content application in which the content is streamed over the internet and decompressed to HDTVs and home stereos using Syabas technology.
News categories: Syabas, CCTV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools