Digital TV News: Symbio
Airtel aggregates 15 Indian and global OTT services in one app
Feb 10, 2022 – Bharti Airtel has launched Airtel Xstream Premium, a video streaming service that aggregates content from 15 Indian and global video OTTs in one app with a single subscription, single sign-in, unified content search and AI driven personalized curation for each user.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Manish Aggarwal, Soumya Mukherjee, Ali Hussein, Apps, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
Sep 17, 2021 – India's TV shipments grew 46% YoY in Q2 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The post-pandemic economic improvement, aided by active retail channels fulfilling the pent-up demand, was the key reason for the growth.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Orange Belgium expands video service with Zappware
May 31, 2018 – Orange Belgium is expanding its convergent offering with an evolution of its video features. This also broadens the scope for Zappware, Orange Belgium’s Digital TV Technology partner, who developed the multiscreen video platform.
News categories: Zappware, Orange, Patrick Vos, Cristina Zanchi, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, UX
Streaming video brings pressures and profits to traditional U.S. pay TV providers
Nov 4, 2014 – The proliferation of streaming video alternatives, while still posing a long-term competitive challenge for traditional Pay TV providers, may also be producing beneficial results across the service category, as indicated by a recent consumer survey from TNS.
News categories: TNS, Frank Perazzini, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
NDS Marries Digital TV and OTT with Innovative Applications Development Portal
Mar 10, 2011 – NDS has announced the launch of the NDS Service Delivery Platform, a fully scalable platform that enables TV operators to extend their offering to companion devices through third-party applications.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Microsoft Selects Symbio as a Microsoft® Mediaroom™ IPTV Set-Top Box Testing Partner
Sep 8, 2010 – Symbio has announced it has been selected as a Microsoft Mediaroom set-top box integration and testing partner. Symbio will provide software quality assurance and testing services for OEMs to test new STB models for deployment by Mediaroom's clients.
News categories: Microsoft, Symbio, Steve Koepp, Jacob Hsu, IPTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box
Microtune Unveils Ultra-Small, Super-Integrated MicroCeiver™ IC Platform
Oct 19, 2009 – Microtune (NASDAQ: TUNE) has announced details of a new ultra-small, low-cost technology platform, named MicroCeiver™, that is the foundation for the Company's new breed of highly integrated receiver products for the digital TV and cable TV.
News categories: Microtune, Cable TV, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
World's First Solution for Targeted Advertising over Mobile TV on display at IBC 2008
Aug 12, 2008 – Packet Vision and UDcast have announced what they believe to be the world's first solution for targeted television advertising over mobile TV. The first public presentation of their technology will take place at this year's IBC.
News categories: Packet Vision, UDcast, Advertising, Content Distribution, IBC2022, Mobile
Thomson Showcases Powerful Broadband Home Networking Ecosystem at CeBIT 2008 with Several New Products
Mar 4, 2008 – During the CeBIT show, Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE: TMS) announced a series of major enhancements - including four new wireless products - to its end-to-end offering of multiple-play solutions and services already available to broadband network operators.
News categories: Thomson, Broadband, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com