Digital TV News: Symbio
Airtel aggregates 15 Indian and global OTT services in one app
Feb 10, 2022 – Bharti Airtel has launched Airtel Xstream Premium, a video streaming service that aggregates content from 15 Indian and global video OTTs in one app with a single subscription, single sign-in, unified content search and AI driven personalized curation for each user.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Manish Aggarwal, Soumya Mukherjee, Ali Hussein, Apps, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
Sep 17, 2021 – India's TV shipments grew 46% YoY in Q2 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The post-pandemic economic improvement, aided by active retail channels fulfilling the pent-up demand, was the key reason for the growth.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Orange Belgium expands video service with Zappware
May 31, 2018 – Orange Belgium is expanding its convergent offering with an evolution of its video features. This also broadens the scope for Zappware, Orange Belgium’s Digital TV Technology partner, who developed the multiscreen video platform.
News categories: Zappware, Orange, Patrick Vos, Cristina Zanchi, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, UX
Streaming video brings pressures and profits to traditional U.S. pay TV providers
Nov 4, 2014 – The proliferation of streaming video alternatives, while still posing a long-term competitive challenge for traditional Pay TV providers, may also be producing beneficial results across the service category, as indicated by a recent consumer survey from TNS.
News categories: TNS, Frank Perazzini, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
NDS Marries Digital TV and OTT with Innovative Applications Development Portal
Mar 10, 2011 – NDS has announced the launch of the NDS Service Delivery Platform, a fully scalable platform that enables TV operators to extend their offering to companion devices through third-party applications.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Microsoft Selects Symbio as a Microsoft® Mediaroom™ IPTV Set-Top Box Testing Partner
Sep 8, 2010 – Symbio has announced it has been selected as a Microsoft Mediaroom set-top box integration and testing partner. Symbio will provide software quality assurance and testing services for OEMs to test new STB models for deployment by Mediaroom's clients.
News categories: Microsoft, Symbio, Steve Koepp, Jacob Hsu, IPTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box
Microtune Unveils Ultra-Small, Super-Integrated MicroCeiver™ IC Platform
Oct 19, 2009 – Microtune (NASDAQ: TUNE) has announced details of a new ultra-small, low-cost technology platform, named MicroCeiver™, that is the foundation for the Company's new breed of highly integrated receiver products for the digital TV and cable TV.
News categories: Microtune, Cable TV, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
World's First Solution for Targeted Advertising over Mobile TV on display at IBC 2008
Aug 12, 2008 – Packet Vision and UDcast have announced what they believe to be the world's first solution for targeted television advertising over mobile TV. The first public presentation of their technology will take place at this year's IBC.
News categories: Packet Vision, UDcast, Advertising, Content Distribution, IBC2022, Mobile
Thomson Showcases Powerful Broadband Home Networking Ecosystem at CeBIT 2008 with Several New Products
Mar 4, 2008 – During the CeBIT show, Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE: TMS) announced a series of major enhancements - including four new wireless products - to its end-to-end offering of multiple-play solutions and services already available to broadband network operators.
News categories: Thomson, Broadband, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US