Digital TV News: Tata Elxsi
Tata Elxsi and V-Nova partner to provide end-to-end video delivery
Aug 30, 2017 – V-Nova and Tata Elxsi have announced a partnership that enables operators to deploy V-Nova PERSEUS technology at an accelerated pace. Tata Elxsi has already integrated V-Nova's technology within the set-top-box of a satellite TV operator in Europe.
News categories: V-Nova, Tata Elxsi, Guido Meardi, KP Sreekumar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi announces Connected Home Center of Excellence
Jun 19, 2017 – Tata Elxsi's Connected Home Center of Excellence leverages expertise in video, IoT and smart home services, experience of open source middleware such as RDK and Android TV, and solution accelerators to support rapid development and deployment of next-generation Connected Home services.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Airtel, K P Sreekumar, Sunil Taldar, Android TV, Digital TV, India, RDK, Smart Home
Tata Elxsi and Portugal's NOS partner to accelerate RDK deployment
Feb 22, 2017 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has partnered with NOS to accelerate RDK deployment by leveraging Tata Elxsi’s deep expertise and off-the-shelf solutions for RDK rollout.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, NOS, KP Sreekumar, Pedro Bandeira, Digital TV, Portugal, RDK, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi RDK application suite for MStar STB chipsets
Feb 7, 2017 – Tata Elxsi has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor to provide a comprehensive suite of software for MStar’s System-on-a-Chip (SoC) targeted at Set-Top Boxes (STB).
News categories: Tata Elxsi, MStar Semi, Sreekumar K P, Bill Hsiung, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, HTML5, Media Player, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi joins the Frog by Wyplay Community
Jan 22, 2015 – Wyplay and Tata Elxsi have announced that the latter is joining as a key member of the 'Frog by Wyplay' community. Frog by Wyplay is the first independent open source software solution for pay-TV operators.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Wyplay, M. Thangarajan, Jacques Bourgninaud, India, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi unveils HEVC Ultra HD (4K) decoder for CE Devices
Apr 8, 2013 – Tata Elxsi has announced the availability of a licensable HEVC Ultra HD (4K) Decoder targeted for broadcast, video conferencing and proliferating smart CE device such as smartphones, tablets, set-top boxes and gaming consoles.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Media Player, NABShow
Tata Elxsi Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit
Sep 6, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has licensed the Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) RDK (Reference Design Kit). It will work with MSOs to optimize and enhance software and provide software development, integration and testing services for SoC and OEM vendors.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
Tata Elxsi Announces Hybrid CPE Reference Solution Supporting Live TV and IPTV
Jan 10, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced the Next Generation Hybrid STB reference solution derived from OCAP stack. This solution supports in-home distribution and content protection along with enhanced UX using Android framework.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, CES2021, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi Announces Marlin-enabled Connected TV Solution based on Android
Sep 9, 2011 – Tata Elxsi has announced an Android-based Connected TV Solution based on Marlin DRM technology. The solution is designed for Broadcast, IPTV, and Video-on-Demand deployments. It integrates Marlin DRM technology for content protection and playback.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Marlin, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs