Digital TV News: VTV
Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
Apr 13, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Vodafone España has enabled TiVo’s Sponsored Discovery product across the Vodafone TV (VTV) platform in Spain, giving content owners a new way to promote content on the platform.
News categories: TiVo, Vodafone, Advertising, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain, UX
Vodafone extends licensing agreement with TiVo
Feb 16, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced a renewal with Vodafone for a range of TiVo products, including Content Discovery, Conversational Voice and Insight Data Analytics.
News categories: Xperi Holding, Vodafone, Matt Milne, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Patent, UX, Worldwide
GatesAir announces DVB-T2 transmission win in Vietnam
Dec 10, 2020 – GatesAir has announced a DVB-T2 TV transmission win in Vietnam in cooperation with channel partner Emico. VTV recently completed a national DVB-T2 network expansion to four new transmission sites.
News categories: GatesAir, VTV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Vietnam
Vodafone extends deployment of NAGRA across its operating companies
Sep 12, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Vodafone has deployed its cloud-based Security Services Platform, NAGRA cloud.SSP, to help protect Vodafone TV services across a large number of operating companies, including Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy and Romania.
News categories: NAGRA, Vodafone, Thierry Legrand, Nuno Sanches, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, IBC, IPTV, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain
Vodafone deploys NAGRA cloud security for Vodafone TV
Sep 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Vodafone has deployed the NAGRA Security Services Platform (SSP). The company is using the platform to secure its multi-network TV service, Vodafone TV (VTV), across several countries.
News categories: NAGRA, Vodafone, Thierry Legrand, Nuno Sanches, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, IBC, Italy, Media Player, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Spain
Vietnam's VNPT sells more than 100,000 DTT receivers in first 3 months
Mar 27, 2017 – In only the first 3 months, more than 100,000 terrestrial television receivers (DVB-T2) produced by VNPT have been sold in the Vietnam market. VNPT's DVB-T2 boxes are being widely used by domestic users.
News categories: VNPT, VNPT Technology, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Vietnam
GatesAir announces TV transmitter deals in Vietnam
Sep 26, 2016 – GatesAir has announced three wins in Vietnam. National broadcaster Vietnam Television (VTV) recently placed two orders for transmitter network expansions. The second project is specific to VTV5, a specialty channel serving ethnic minority communities.
News categories: GatesAir, VTV, Darren Frearson, Luong Ngoc Thanh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Broadpeak powers VTVcab OTT multiscreen services in Vietnam
May 24, 2016 – Broadpeak has announced that VTVcab, the largest pay-TV operator in Vietnam, has deployed a wide array of Broadpeak solutions to power its new OTT multiscreen services. Broadpeak's local partner TDG and FPT Information System provided system integration services.
News categories: Broadpeak, VTVcab, Jacques Le Mancq, Nam Bui Huy, Content Distribution, Mobile, Streaming, Vietnam
Kudelski Group announces its 2015 annual results
Feb 18, 2016 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2015 annual results. In 2015, the Group strengthened its position in the TV market with a series of new contracts and deployments.
News categories: NAGRA, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform