Digital TV News: Vewd
Intertrust ExpressPlay added to Vewd Operator TV ecosystem
Dec 7, 2021 – Intertrust ExpressPlay has announced that its ExpressPlay XCA content security solution has joined the Vewd Operator TV ecosystem. Pay TV operators now have a complete Smart TV platform on which to offer secure broadcast and OTT services via their own UX.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Vewd, Ali Hodjat, Marco Frattolin, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
Oct 22, 2021 – Redbox (NASDAQ: RDBX) has completed its business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: SGAM). Redbox's common stock and warrants are expected to begin trading on NASDAQ on Monday, October 25, 2021.
News categories: Redbox, Galen Smith, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
Oct 21, 2021 – MediaTek’s Autus I20 (MT2712) chipset has been selected to power Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled, cloud-managed content aggregation and monetization solution for in-vehicle infotainment.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, Aneesh Rajaram, PC Tseng, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Streaming, Worldwide
Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
Oct 14, 2021 – Vewd, together with Vestel, has introduced Vewd Operator TV, a full-featured Smart TV with a built-in, content-enriched Pay TV experience, avoiding the need for operators to provide a set-top box.
News categories: Vewd, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Details of HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 announced
Sep 29, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has announced that the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 will take place as an in-person event on November 24-25 at the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris in France.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Salto, Vincent Grivet, Thomas Follin, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
Sep 23, 2021 – Redbox has signed an agreement with Vewd to pre-load the Redbox app on all new Vewd powered TVs and set-top boxes in the US. The app offers access to movies and TV series from Redbox's TVOD service.
News categories: Redbox, Vewd, Jason Kwong, Amanda Oleson, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
Sep 16, 2021 – Vewd has released Vewd Core 4.22, the latest version of its HTML5 and streaming SDK for connected TV devices. New features include support for video calling and advanced advertising on TV.
News categories: Vewd, Sascha Prüter, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software, Worldwide
Vewd provides content browser for Facebook's Portal TV
Jul 15, 2021 – Facebook has selected Vewd to provide the first web browser in the Portal TV App Store. Vewd's technology is designed for connected TV devices, enabling viewing of streaming content not available in an app.
News categories: Vewd, Portal TV, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Oceania, Set Top Box, Streaming
Edge Networks selects Vewd OpX to power Evoca TV
Jul 1, 2021 – Evoca TV has selected Vewd OpX to power the content and UX for its TV service. Vewd OpX is integrated into Evoca's Scout receiver and delivers linear, on-demand, apps and more within an intuitive TV experience.
News categories: Vewd, Evoca, Todd Achilles, Henrik Sten, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027