Digital TV News: Wyplay
Wyplay adds four TV operator customers in 2020
Feb 11, 2021 – Wyplay has announced that last year's turnover was over €10 million, with net profit up compared to 2019. In 2020, four new TV operators (two Android TV and two RDK) joined Wyplay's customer base.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
Jan 21, 2021 – Wyplay is now a member of the Amazon Alexa Solution Providers network. Wyplay has helped TV operators integrate the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) on multiple hardware devices and operating systems.
News categories: Wyplay, Amazon, Dominique Feral, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
Nov 18, 2020 – Wyplay has announced that Free's Freebox Revolution STBs, first launched in 2012, now support Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Wyplay and Free teams have worked together to deploy the services on the Intel-based legacy boxes.
News categories: Wyplay, Free, Jacques Bourgninaud, Apps, Digital TV, France, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
ELSYS adds security camera support to STB based on Frog middleware
Dec 17, 2019 – Elsys has integrated a range of security video cameras on the Elsys TOTALMAX receiver powered by Frog, the Wyplay open source middleware. ELSYS developed and customized the middleware in partnership with Globo for its SAT HD Regional project.
News categories: Wyplay, Elsys, Jacques Bourgninaud, Damian Zisman, Brazil, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wyplay selected for Android TV DVR at South American operator
Oct 29, 2019 – Wyplay has been selected by a major South American Tier-1 Operator for their next generation hybrid Android TV 4K-DVR set-top box. Wyplay will provide its 'FROG' middleware and back-end components will be delivered to enrich the operator’s solution.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
Oct 22, 2019 – Wyplay and SmarDTV Global have joined forces to build a range of ready-to-deploy Android TV platforms. The platforms include STBs pre-integrated with TV middleware and Operator Tier Custom Launcher as well as a range of back-end software components.
News categories: Wyplay, SmarDTV, Dominique Feral, Guillaume Reillon, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Wyplay comprehensive Android TV offering for operators
Jun 5, 2019 – Wyplay has released the most exhaustive Android TV offering on the market. Starting from its video solution, Wyplay has tailored its software to fit with the Android TV ecosystem. This is then complemented by a full range of Professional Services.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgnignaud, Android TV, ANGA COM, Big Data, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, Mobile, QoE, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca and Wyplay build pre-integrated end-to-end TV platform
Jun 3, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and Wyplay have joined forces to build a pre-integrated end-to-end TV platform. The platform is targeted at operators or content providers wishing to deploy best in class services while minimizing complexity and optimizing their internal resources.
News categories: Wyplay, Viaccess-Orca, Dominique Feral, Android TV, ANGA COM, Big Data, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Wyplay source code powers Telefónica IPTV in Argentina
Dec 11, 2018 – Wyplay has announced the deployment by Telefónica of an IPTV/FTTH pay TV service in Argentina based on the Frog Source Set Top Box software from Wyplay. Wyplay provided Professional Services and support to Telefónica.
News categories: Wyplay, Telefónica, Jacques Bourgninaud, Argentina, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.