Digital TV News: Wyplay
Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
Jun 5, 2023 – Wyplay has announced the acquisition of iFeelSmart. Wyplay and iFeelSmart have participated in the same video ecosystem for many years and their service offerings are fully complementary.
News categories: Wyplay, iFeelSmart, Jacques Bourgninaud, Shy Shriqui, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Sky New Zealand launches Sky Box created with Wyplay
Apr 13, 2023 – Sky NZ has launched a new Sky Box developed with Wyplay. Its features include 4K video support, a personalized user experience, streaming app integration, multi-recording, voice remote, and more.
News categories: Wyplay, Sky New Zealand, Jacques Bourgninaud, Sophie Moloney, Android TV, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Wyplay ends 2022 with turnover increase
Feb 16, 2023 – Wyplay has closed its 2022 financial year with a turnover of €11.3 million, up 21% versus 2021. Projects in 2022 included the deployment of an RDK STB at Nuuday and the launch of an Android TV solution at Sky New Zealand.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Wyplay provides RDK professional services to Nuuday
Dec 14, 2022 – Wyplay is helping Nuuday to deliver digital TV customer experiences to Danish homes and businesses. Wyplay brings skilled resources into the project, from RDK drivers and middleware to UI.
News categories: Wyplay, Nuuday, Denmark, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
Wyplay integrates Sceenic co-watching solution for TV operators
Jan 4, 2022 – Wyplay and Sceenic have partnered to bring co-watching solutions to TV operators. Wyplay has integrated Sceenic's Watch Together technology into its solutions for mobiles and Android TV, RDK or Linux set-top boxes.
News categories: Wyplay, Sceenic, Dominique Feral, Eric Kearley, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Social TV, UX, Worldwide
Wyplay integrates Hoppr targeted advertising solution
Dec 6, 2021 – Wyplay has announced that it has integrated the Hoppr Ad Platform into its premium user experiences, providing new monetization opportunities for TV operators on STB operating systems such as Android TV, RDK and Linux.
News categories: Wyplay, Hoppr, Dominique FERAL, Cyril Daoud, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sky New Zealand announces Android TV STB development partners
Nov 17, 2021 – Sky New Zealand has announced partners for the development of its new Android TV-based Sky Box, due for deployment by the middle of 2022. Sky has selected Wyplay, Irdeto and Kaonmedia to provide components of the box's software and hardware.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Wyplay, Kaonmedia, Irdeto, Sophie Moloney, Jacques Bourgninaud, John Chung Yoon, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Wyplay launches blockchain video delivery solution for TV operators
Nov 10, 2021 – Wyplay has launched COMMUNITY by Wyplay, a blockchain video delivery solution. COMMUNITY by Wyplay builds a bridge between traditional pay TV and the world of blockchain, crypto and NFTs.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2023, Social TV, Worldwide
Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
Jul 22, 2021 – Wyplay has announced that it is powering SKY Connect, the 4K Android TV DVR, recently launched by SKY Brasil, building on the work done for the launch of Linux STBs for SKY Brasil and DIRECTV Latin America in 2016.
News categories: Wyplay, SKY Brasil, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024