Digital TV News: Xbox
DoubleVerify standardizes CTV app identifiers across platforms
Jun 10, 2020 – DoubleVerify has launched a transparency and reporting solution for CTV inventory. The new solution is designed to give CTV buyers full transparency and accurate data on where their campaigns are running across all major CTV devices.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Matt McLaughlin, Dan Slivjanovski, Joe Barone, Advertising, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, USA
Mirada multiscreen solution available as a turn-key proposition
May 11, 2020 – Mirada has announced that it has made its Iris end-to-end multiscreen solution available as a turn-key proposition. Iris in Swift Mode provides operators with a proven solution helping to reduce time-to-market and avoid high upfront costs.
News categories: Mirada, Antonio Rodríguez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Peacock to be available on Xbox One at launch
May 7, 2020 – Peacock, NBCUniversal's new streaming service, has announced that it will be available on Microsoft's Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One S and Xbox One X, when it launches in the U.S. on July 15, 2020.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, Xbox, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, www.nbcuniversal.com/, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, USA
Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
Apr 8, 2020 – Bell Media has announced that Crave is available on all Roku streaming devices in Canada. Roku users now have access to programming from HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Hollywood-hit movies, as well as French-language TV and films from SUPER ÉCRAN.
News categories: Bell Media, Roku, Tracey Pearce, Arthur van Rest, Apps, Canada, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Hulu + Live TV launches on PlayStation 4
Mar 3, 2020 – Hulu has announced that Hulu + Live TV will be available on PlayStation 4 consoles. PlayStation 4 users will be able to subscribe to Hulu + Live TV, gaining access to both live and on-demand programming in one place.
News categories: Hulu, PlayStation, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, USA
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
Tubi AVOD app to be available on Hisense's Vidaa platform from Spring 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Tubi has announced that it has entered into a deal with Hisense to offer its library of over 20,000 movies and TV shows on the Hisense Vidaa platform. Beginning Spring 2020, new Hisense TVs powered by Vidaa will have Tubi preloaded.
News categories: Tubi, Hisense, Michael Ahiakpor, Apps, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019