Digital TV News: izzi Telecom
Televisa to merge media, content and production assets with Univision
Apr 13, 2021 – Grupo Televisa and Univision Holdings have agreed to combine Televisa’s content and media assets with Univision to create the largest Spanish-language media company in the world: Televisa-Univision.
News categories: Univision, Televisa, Wade Davis, Marcelo Claure, Emilio Azcárraga, Bernardo Gómez, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, USA
izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
Oct 26, 2020 – Mirada has announced the commercial launch of its Android TV Operator Tier with custom launcher for Mexican operator, izzi. The launch extends izzi’s pay TV service to Android TV hybrid set-top boxes.
News categories: Mirada, izzi, José Luis Vázquez, Salvi Folch, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, UX
Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
Nov 18, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced results for the six months to 30 September 2019. izzi Telecom further increased its adoption of Mirada's technology during the period, with a high increase in both the installation rate of STBs and number of households using Mirada products.
News categories: Mirada, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
Jul 17, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has integrated Netflix into its Iris multiscreen product, with a first deployment at izzi in Mexico. The integration adds to the other third-party content provider integrations that Mirada currently offers, such as Fox Play and HBO Go.
News categories: Mirada, Netflix, José-Luis Vázquez, Apps, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
Jul 11, 2019 – Mirada plc (AIM: MIRA) has announced results for the year ended 31 March 2019. The Company is advancing its operational and commercial capabilities, demonstrated by Mirada's involvement in three simultaneous deployments in the year.
News categories: Mirada, Jose Luis Vazquez, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
Mirada plc year-end trading update
Apr 29, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has provided a trading update for the financial year ended 31 March 2019 ahead its results announcement. The company expects revenues to be above its initial expectations, driven in part by izzi Telecom and its successful deployment of Mirada’s Iris multiscreen solution.
News categories: Mirada, izzi Telecom, Jose Luis Vazquez, Bermuda, Bolivia, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Mongolia, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TiVo signs IPG and metadata deal with izzi Telecom in Mexico
Jan 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that izzi Telecom has signed a license for interactive program guides (IPG) and entertainment metadata for their izzi Telecom video service in Mexico.
News categories: TiVo Corp, izzi Telecom, Karl Misling, Guillermo Salcedo, Big Data, Cable TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Mexico, UX
Caribbean cable TV contract win for Mirada
Aug 29, 2017 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced a contract win with ATN International (ATNi) for its Iris multiscreen product. Under the contract, Mirada will provide products and services to four Caribbean operators owned by ATNi located in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and French Guyana.
News categories: Mirada, ATN International, José Luis Vázquez, Bermuda, Cable TV, Caribbean, Cayman Islands, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
izzi Telecom selects ARRIS compression for HDTV in Mexico
Sep 27, 2016 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that izzi Telecom has deployed the ARRIS ME-7000 Converged Compression Platform in its cable TV operation in Mexico.
News categories: ARRIS International, izzi Telecom, German Iaryczower, Israel Corona, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mexico
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 373,000 in 4Q 2021
- Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
- castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021