Digital TV News: Aferian
Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
Jun 21, 2022 – Amino has collaborated with Now TV in Hong Kong to integrate its IPTV service with OTT services such as HBO GO and Netflix. Amino Engage simplifies Now TV's device and app management while AminoOS enables a viewing experience that integrates OTT and IPTV.
News categories: Aferian, HKT, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
Aferian acquires AI-powered video recommendation service The Filter
Mar 5, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has acquired 100% of Exabre Limited, trading as The Filter. The Filter's data science, analysis and machine learning technologies help consumers find and watch more of the video content they love.
News categories: Aferian, The Filter, Donald McGarva, Damien Read, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
Aferian announces results for the year ended 30 November 2021.
Feb 10, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has announced results for the year ended 30 November 2021. During the year, Amino grew revenues by 11% to $75.1m and maintained its strong margins and cash generation. 24i continues to grow recurring revenue organically.
News categories: Aferian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
Nov 18, 2021 – Aferian has announced that 24i has supported the launch of OTT service Cinessance in the US and Canada on iOS and Android. The service is built on cloud-based infrastructure from 24i, including video backend, apps, and content and app management.
News categories: 24i, Cinessance, Joachim Bergman, Clément Monnet, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, North America, Streaming
Amino launches operator-ready RDK-V devices
Nov 9, 2021 – Amino has become an RDK Video Accelerator (RDK-VA) member and now has RDK-V devices and software systems ready for deployment. The first device to receive RDK-VA certification will be the R180.
News categories: Amino, Aferian, Jonny McKee, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
Jun 21, 2021 – Amino (LSE AIM: AMO) has announced a change to its company name after launching a new strategy to become a software-driven growth business. Amino Technologies plc will be renamed Aferian plc.
News categories: Aferian, Donald McGarva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience