Digital TV News: Auton
VinFast EVs to integrate Sony RIDEVU in-car streaming
May 18, 2023 – RIDEVU, a streaming service created by Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) for integration into vehicle infotainment systems, will launch in VinFast EVs starting this summer.
News categories: Sony Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Pete Wood, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
MediaTek introduces next generation automotive platform
Apr 17, 2023 – MediaTek has introduced Dimensity Auto, its new automotive platform. The platform includes Dimensity Auto Cockpit, bringing MediaTek's experience in Smart Home and Entertainment to vehicles.
News categories: MediaTek, Jerry Yu, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Mercedes-Benz and Google partner on in-car experience development
Feb 22, 2023 – Mercedes-Benz will build its MB.OS experience using in-car data and navigation from Google Maps. The partnership also includes technologies from Google Cloud and YouTube to help create new experiences for drivers.
News categories: Google, Mercedes-Benz, Sundar Pichai, Ola Källenius, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
RTVE awards Cellnex five-year TV and radio broadcasting contract
Jan 18, 2023 – RTVE has awarded TV and radio broadcasting rights to Retevisión, part of Cellnex. For TVE, Cellnex will renew and operate DTT and radio headends and provide DTT transmission, distribution and broadcasting services throughout Spain.
News categories: Cellnex, RTVE, Albert Cuatrecasas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Terrestrial
Connected vehicles to surpass 367 million globally by 2027
Jan 9, 2023 – Juniper Research expects the number of connected vehicles in service to reach 367 million in 2027, from 192 million in 2023, driven by advancements in driver assistance and in-vehicle infotainment system capabilities.
News categories: Juniper Research, 5G, In-Car, Market Research, Worldwide
Lumine Group acquires Wiztivi from SFR
Dec 13, 2022 – Lumine Group (TSX:CSU) has announced that it has completed the carve-out acquisition of Wiztivi from SFR. Wiztivi will operate as an autonomous business unit within Lumine.
News categories: Wiztivi, Lumine Group, David Sharpley, Digital TV, MandA, UX, Worldwide
HOTBIRD 13G delivered to Kennedy Space Center
Oct 17, 2022 – A special aircraft has delivered Eutelsat's HOTBIRD 13G to Cape Canaveral in Florida. HOTBIRD 13G, a member of the 'Eurostar Neo' family of Airbus satellites, is the twin of the recently launched HOTBIRD 13F.
News categories: Airbus, Jean-Marc Nasr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Sony Honda Mobility established
Oct 13, 2022 – Sony Honda Mobility has announced its establishment as a company, following on from a memorandum of understanding signed on March 4, 2022 between Sony Group and Honda Motor for a strategic alliance in the mobility field.
News categories: Sony Honda Mobility, Yasuhide Mizuno, Izumi Kawanishi, Digital TV, In-Car, Metaverse, Worldwide
500 million connected cars provide major new opportunity for media companies
Oct 11, 2022 – The connected car market is the latest battleground for media companies, as they prepare to fight for a piece of an addressable market that will be comparable in scale to that of pay TV set-top boxes by 2025, according to Omdia.
News categories: Omdia, Daniel Sutton, 5G, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Worldwide
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin