Digital TV News: Blockbuster
Garmin unveils Unified Cabin Experience at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) will demonstrate its in-cabin solutions for automotive at CES 2023. A camera identifies each passenger, enabling occupants to enjoy personalized entertainment options including games and streaming video platforms.
News categories: Garmin, Matt Munn, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Panasonic announces MZ2000 flagship OLED TV at CES
Jan 4, 2023 – Panasonic's MZ2000 features the latest iteration of its smart TV OS, my Home Screen 8.0, supporting all major video streaming services alongside improvements to the Bass Booster, accessibility, and myScenery features.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Dec 8, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) has launched in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria, following the launch of the service in France on December 1st, completing a year of global expansion with the service now live in 45 markets.
News categories: Paramount+, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Sky's NOW streaming service comes to Android TV
Nov 8, 2022 – Sky has announced that its streaming service NOW has been made available on Google TV devices, including Chromecast with Google TV, and on eight UK smart TV brands as it expands to Android TV OS devices.
News categories: NOW, Marina Storti, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UK
ITVX streaming service to launch in the UK on 8th December
Nov 8, 2022 – ITV has announced the launch date of its free streaming platform ITVX. Replacing ITV Hub as the online home of all ITV content, viewers can expect a new and improved product experience.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Dish TV India launches one-stop OTT entertainment platform
Oct 31, 2022 – Dish TV's Watcho offers packages of the most popular OTT platforms - Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, Sony LIV, Lionsgate Play, Hungama Play, HoiChoi, Klikk, EpicOn, Chaupal, and Oho Gujarati - via a single login and subscription model.
News categories: Watcho, Dish TV India, Sukhpreet Singh, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Paramount+ to debut on Virgin TV in 2023
Nov 2, 2022 – Paramount+ will debut on Virgin TV in 2023. Full app integration on Virgin's set-top boxes will offer customers the opportunity to access exclusive originals, films, and TV series from Paramount's brands and production studio.
News categories: Paramount, Virgin Media, Sarah Rose, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UK
Malaysia SVOD penetration to reach 38% in 2026
Oct 27, 2022 – The household penetration of SVOD services in Malaysia is expected to increase from 17% in 2021 to 38% in 2026, driven by a considerable rise in the adoption of OTT platforms, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, Streaming
SkyShowtime to launch in the Netherlands and Portugal on 25 October
Oct 18, 2022 – SkyShowtime will become available in both the Netherlands and Portugal on 25 October 2022 following the launch in the Nordics last month. Expansion into Spain and Central and Eastern Europe is next.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Digital TV, Netherlands, Portugal, Streaming
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media