Digital TV News: CCTV
CCTV broadcasts live 8K Ultra HD channel over 5G with Telestream
Feb 11, 2021 – China Central TV (CCTV) has tested live 8K UHD TV over a 5G network. The test broadcast used Telestream’s full IP solution with Telestream monitoring used throughout the production and distribution workflows.
News categories: Telestream, China Central TV, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
Mar 20, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that China Central Television (CCTV) has selected Harmonic's advanced media server for UHD playout. By simplifying the delivery of UHD channels for CCTV, Harmonic enables a more vivid television experience for more than a billion viewers.
News categories: Harmonic, China Central Television, Tony Berthaud, Song Wei, CCBN, China, Content Distribution
V-Nova PERSEUS Plus now available on Socionext's SC2A11 processor
Sep 10, 2018 – V-Nova has announced the availability of its PERSEUS Plus SDK for Socionext's SC2A11. The joint solution leverages both the compression performance of PERSEUS Plus and the density and power-efficiency of the Socionext media processor.
News categories: V-Nova, Socionext, Guido Meardi, Tom Miyake, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Eutelsat now carrying more than 1000 HD channels
Feb 20, 2017 – High Definition TV continues to gain ground across the broadcast satellites operated by Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) with the 240 HD channels launched in 2016 equalling the total number launched during the previous two years.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
ABS and Sarana Media Vision to launch FreeViewSat DTH in Indonesia
Nov 8, 2016 – ABS has announced that it will partner with PT Sarana Media Vision (SMV), using SMV’s DTH license to launch a consumer FreeView satellite service – FreeViewSat – across Indonesia in January 2017.
News categories: ABS, FreeViewSat, Tom Choi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Chips&Media releases first AVS2 decoder IP
Sep 1, 2016 – Chips&Media has announced its AVS2 hardware decoder IP, WAVE515. AVS2 was officially released on May 2016 as the Chinese next-generation video standard for Ultra HD broadcasting. WAVE515 is the industry’s first AVS2 decoder.
News categories: Chips&Media, Wang Banghu, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
TV content on second screens continues to expand
Apr 3, 2016 – According to Eurodata TV, viewers are increasingly watching TV programmes on other screens. In Canada, 60% of 18 to 34 year olds watched a full TV programme online last month. In France, 6% of web users aged 15 and over are watching TV programmes online every day.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Sahar Baghery, Frédéric Vaulpré, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
India reduces set-top box import and excise duty rates
Mar 1, 2016 – India's Finance Minister, in his annual Union Budget, has announced changes to the rates of taxation for set-top boxes and their components. The government has reduced both import duties and excise duty.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box
Teleste headend for Arganet IPTV in Brazil
Nov 20, 2014 – Teleste has announced that the company and its partner, Digital Designers TV, have provided a solution for content acquisition and delivery of live streaming IPTV for Arganet, an ISP located north of São Paulo.
News categories: Teleste, Digital Designers TV, Arganet, Hanno Narjus, Ricardo Pirola, Cesar Cotrim, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland
- MarketCast partners with VIZIO to measure ad performance
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023