Digital TV News: CVE
NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Richmond-Petersburg, VA
Apr 11, 2022 – All seven of Richmond-Petersburg’s full power local TV stations have began broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes WRIC-TV (ABC), WTVR-TV (CBS), WWBT (NBC), WRLH-TV (FOX), WCVE-TV and WCVW (PBS), and WUPV (CW).
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Broadpeak multicast ABR optimizes live sports OTT delivery for TIM
Jan 11, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that TIM is optimizing live sports OTT delivery with a multicast ABR (mABR) solution from Broadpeak. Using the solution, TIM is delivering live third-party sports content to subscribers with improved QoE.
News categories: Broadpeak, CVE, TIM, Jacques Le Mancq, Luca Catalano, Crescenzo Micheli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming
Mobilink Mobile TV launches with SPB TV in Pakistan
Mar 4, 2015 – SPB TV has announced the launch by Mobilink Networks of Mobilink Mobile TV over its 3G/LTE network. Powered by the SPB TV platform, it is a one stop for watching Pakistan's most popular satellite TV channels.
News categories: SPB TV, Mobilink, Intel Corp, Kontron, Kirill Filippov, Aamer Manzoor, Jeff McVeigh, Sven Freudenfeld, Imran Akhtar Shah, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC22, Pakistan
Wowza and Intel team up to add video streaming to Intel INDE
Feb 24, 2014 – Wowza Media Systems has announced that Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) has chosen Wowza software to enable media streaming capabilities as part of the new Intel Integrated Native Developer Experience beta (Intel® INDE).
News categories: Wowza, Intel Corp, David Stubenvoll, Jeff McVeigh, Media Player, Mobile, MWC22, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
Buckeye CableSystem Selects BigBand for IP Video Delivery
May 12, 2010 – BigBand Networks (NASDAQ:BBND) has announced that Buckeye CableSystem will extend its switched digital video infrastructure using BigBand's IP video solution. Buckeye has selected Verimatrix as its digital TV security solution for the initial trial.
News categories: BigBand Networks, Buckeye CableSystem, Verimatrix, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, USA
BigBand Accelerates IP Video Convergence with Key Partners
May 11, 2010 – BigBand Networks (NASDAQ:BBND) has announced that it has expanded its set of IP video partners. The combined solution includes a media hub from Entone, program guides from Orca, security from Verimatrix and IPTV solutions from Western Mediabridge.
News categories: BigBand Networks, Entone, Orca Interactive, Verimatrix, Western Mediabridge, Content Distribution, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup