Digital TV News: Canal+ Group
Canal+ unveils hybrid 4K ultra HD STB powered by Frog by Wyplay
Jan 25, 2018 – Canal+ Group has unveiled its new 4K ultra HD STB powered by Wyplay. Fully hybrid, with streams coming from satellite and internet, this new 4K ultra HD STB delivers a new user experience with an unrivalled fluidity.
News categories: Wyplay, Canal+ Group, Jacques Bourgninaud, Philippe Rivas, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
NAGRA secures CANAL+ 4K UHD services in France
Jan 18, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its content protection is securing CANAL+ Group's new 4K Ultra HD service. NAGRA CONNECT ensures content protection via satellite, OTT or within the home in addition to access control for users authorized by CANAL+.
News categories: NAGRA, CANAL+ Group, Thierry Legrand, Philippe Rivas, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Set Top Box
CANAL+ launches Ultra HD service on ASTRA at 19.2°E
Jan 18, 2018 – SES has announced that CANAL+ has launched a new satellite Ultra HD (UHD) offer with a new set-top box. Canal+ Group delivers the UHD channels via ASTRA 19.2°E. The service is available to 100% of TV households in France.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Ferdinand Kayser, Frank Cadoret, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
NAGRA and CANAL+ renew and expand content protection partnership
Sep 14, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and CANAL+ Group have announced that they have renewed and expanded their content protection partnership. NAGRA will provide the operator with conditional access systems while also delivering a new range of anti-piracy services.
News categories: NAGRA, CANAL+ Group, Thierry Legrand, Philippe Rivas, Africa, Caribbean, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Madagascar, Mauritius, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Vietnam
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Vivendi selects Streamroot for OTT video delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Streamroot has announced that it has entered into an agreement to help Vivendi deliver large-scale OTT video content. Vivendi is implementing Streamroot DNA to improve quality of experience and cut operating costs.
News categories: Streamroot, Canal+ Group, Vivendi, Pierre-Louis Théron, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Streaming
SES and CANAL+ in long-term capacity agreement
Dec 16, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) and CANAL+ Group have confirmed the signature of a long-term, multi-year, multi-transponder framework agreement for SES satellite capacity in both France and Africa.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+ Group, Ferdinand Kayser, Sylvain Géron, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
Canal+ France subscribers down 542k; International up 505k in year to end-3Q 2016
Nov 9, 2016 – Vivendi has released financial statements for the first nine months of 2016. Canal+ Group had a total of 11 million individual subscribers, a year-on-year decrease of 19,000.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, Vincent Bolloré, Africa, France, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking