Digital TV News: Conor Ryan
SES, SmarDTV and Samsung demonstrate CA-protected UltraHD broadcasts at IBC 2014
Sep 11, 2014 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG), SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that they will be demonstrating the first end-to-end encrypted Ultra HD content – via an SES satellite to a Samsung Ultra HD TV by using a SmarDTV CI Plus CAM module -- at IBC 2014.
News categories: SES S.A, SmarDTV, Samsung, Conor Ryan, Thomas Wrede, John Adam, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Satellite, Smart TV, Worldwide
SmarDTV extends agreement with Conax to include set-top boxes
Sep 10, 2014 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it will introduce a new range of innovative CI+ modules, and has extended its license and cooperation agreement with Conax to include set-top boxes.
News categories: SmarDTV, Conax, Conor Ryan, Tom Jahr, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SmarDTV provides CI Plus modules to Telenet in Belgium
Jun 3, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that the Belgian cable operator Telenet is launching, in June, a CI Plus conditional access module (CAM) in its network in Flanders and Brussels.
News categories: SmarDTV, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV
SmarDTV, NAGRA and Samsung introduce CI Plus module with DRM
Sep 3, 2012 – SmarDTV and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have announced that they have successfully combined CI Plus and HbbTV with DRM to enable video-on-demand for over-the-top (OTT) networks directly to iDTVs without the use of a set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, NAGRA, Samsung, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, IBC2022, Smart TV
SmarDTV delivers CI Plus modules to ORF Austria
Jul 25, 2011 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has started shipping its latest SmarCAM-3 CI Plus modules into the Austrian retail market. The modules provide access to ORF and pay TV services, and services in the region relying on Irdeto (JSE: NPN) conditional access.
News categories: SmarDTV, Österreichischer Rundfunk, Irdeto, Austria, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SmarDTV MicroSD Card With Nagra Security Complies With New CEA Standard
Apr 11, 2011 – Nagra (SIX.KUD.S) in collaboration with its sister company SmarDTV, has announced that the SmarDTV microSD removable security card embedding the latest Nagra security system is now compliant with the newly introduced CEA-2040 standard.
News categories: SmarDTV, Nagra, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Tablet, USA
SmarDTV Conax CI Plus Modules Selected by Sweden's Com Hem
Dec 1, 2010 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Com Hem has selected SmarDTV to launch CI Plus products in its network in Sweden. Com Hem aims to rollout high definition services to integrated digital televisions (IDTVs) using the CI Plus specification.
News categories: SmarDTV, Com Hem, Cable TV, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Sweden
SmarDTV successfully completes Conax V7 CI Plus certification
Apr 26, 2010 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has achieved Conax CI Plus certification with its latest and most secure SmarCAM-3 module incorporating Conax V7 software.
News categories: SmarDTV, Conax, ANGA COM, CAM, Conditional Access
Ocean Blue's CI+ 'Turbo' software passes the test
Aug 27, 2009 – Ocean Blue Software's CI+ has been enhanced with extra features. The latest version of the CI+ specification details optional features which Ocean Blue Software has already incorporated into their Sunrise CI+ product.
News categories: Ocean Blue, CI Plus, Content Protection, DVB-MHP, DVR, IBC2022, Smart TV
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data