Digital TV News: Dataxis
185 million pay TV subscribers for Europe in Q1 2018
Jun 26, 2018 – According to Dataxis, the European pay TV market reached 185 million subscribers during the first quarter of 2018 and grew only by 0.3% compared to Q4 2017. This is the lowest net add ever observed by Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Pay TV subscribers in LatAm expected to grow to 79.3 million in 2023
Jun 13, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV in LatAm is forecast to reach 79.3 million homes in 2023. Mexico will hold 28.9% of pay TV customers and will continue to be the largest market in the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Subscribers
SAARC Pay TV and SVOD subscribers to reach 371 million in 2023
Jun 8, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV and OTT (SVOD) subscribers in SAARC countries are projected to reach 371 million in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% compared to 226 million in 2017.
News categories: Dataxis, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, The Maldives
SVOD subscribers in Middle East to reach 14 million in 2023
May 28, 2018 – Dataxis' latest research sheds light on the evolution of the digital video market in Middle-East, which is expected to grow significantly in the next 5 years. The growth will mainly be driven by the progression of SVOD.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
60 million pay TV subscribers for Europe's ex-USSR countries in 2023
May 24, 2018 – According to Dataxis, pay TV in the European ex-USSR region will grow at a 1.6% CAGR between 2017 and 2023 to reach 59.7 million subscribers. The Russian market represents 80% of the total today and its share should remain stable until the end of the period.
News categories: Dataxis, Baltics, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
Pay TV/OTT and Telecom operator revenue reached $410 billion in Q4 2017
Apr 24, 2018 – According to Dataxis, for the 80 leading Pay-TV/OTT and telecom players worldwide, revenues totaled $410 billion in Q4 2017. Revenues have grown at a CAGR of 1%, up from $381 billion in Q1 2016.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Latin America had 18.2 million SVOD subscribers at end-2017
Apr 16, 2018 – According to Dataxis, at end-2017, Latin America reached 18.2 million active subscribers to VOD services - an annual increase of 29.8%. This represents 25.2% of fixed broadband accesses, which indicates more room for growth.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
37 million pay TV subscribers for Sub-Saharan Africa in 2023
Apr 13, 2018 – Dataxis expects a steady rise in pay TV numbers for Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). Pay TV offers are forecasted to increase their reach in African homes with more than 37 million subscribers forecast for 2023.
News categories: Dataxis, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Pay TV operators worldwide continue to invest in advanced STBs
Apr 9, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV operators continue to invest in advanced STBs. Dataxis has analysed the details of more than 240 deals made by operators worldwide in the last three years.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature