Digital TV News: Dataxis
185 million pay TV subscribers for Europe in Q1 2018
Jun 26, 2018 – According to Dataxis, the European pay TV market reached 185 million subscribers during the first quarter of 2018 and grew only by 0.3% compared to Q4 2017. This is the lowest net add ever observed by Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Pay TV subscribers in LatAm expected to grow to 79.3 million in 2023
Jun 13, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV in LatAm is forecast to reach 79.3 million homes in 2023. Mexico will hold 28.9% of pay TV customers and will continue to be the largest market in the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Subscribers
SAARC Pay TV and SVOD subscribers to reach 371 million in 2023
Jun 8, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV and OTT (SVOD) subscribers in SAARC countries are projected to reach 371 million in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% compared to 226 million in 2017.
News categories: Dataxis, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, The Maldives
SVOD subscribers in Middle East to reach 14 million in 2023
May 28, 2018 – Dataxis' latest research sheds light on the evolution of the digital video market in Middle-East, which is expected to grow significantly in the next 5 years. The growth will mainly be driven by the progression of SVOD.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
60 million pay TV subscribers for Europe's ex-USSR countries in 2023
May 24, 2018 – According to Dataxis, pay TV in the European ex-USSR region will grow at a 1.6% CAGR between 2017 and 2023 to reach 59.7 million subscribers. The Russian market represents 80% of the total today and its share should remain stable until the end of the period.
News categories: Dataxis, Baltics, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
Pay TV/OTT and Telecom operator revenue reached $410 billion in Q4 2017
Apr 24, 2018 – According to Dataxis, for the 80 leading Pay-TV/OTT and telecom players worldwide, revenues totaled $410 billion in Q4 2017. Revenues have grown at a CAGR of 1%, up from $381 billion in Q1 2016.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Latin America had 18.2 million SVOD subscribers at end-2017
Apr 16, 2018 – According to Dataxis, at end-2017, Latin America reached 18.2 million active subscribers to VOD services - an annual increase of 29.8%. This represents 25.2% of fixed broadband accesses, which indicates more room for growth.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
37 million pay TV subscribers for Sub-Saharan Africa in 2023
Apr 13, 2018 – Dataxis expects a steady rise in pay TV numbers for Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). Pay TV offers are forecasted to increase their reach in African homes with more than 37 million subscribers forecast for 2023.
News categories: Dataxis, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Pay TV operators worldwide continue to invest in advanced STBs
Apr 9, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV operators continue to invest in advanced STBs. Dataxis has analysed the details of more than 240 deals made by operators worldwide in the last three years.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs