Digital TV News: Dr. Neale Foster
ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
Jul 28, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced that its sister company NetRange has developed a car-centric app store that is now part of its ACCESS Twine for Car (Twine4Car) in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) system.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr. Neale Foster, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
ACCESS releases NetFront Browser BE v2.8
Jul 21, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced the release of NetFront Browser BE v2.8 that supports the company’s goal of providing the automotive, entertainment, and media markets with the most secure and advanced commercial embedded browser.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr. Neale Foster, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
Sep 13, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and EKT have announced that they are extending their partnership to integrate the NetRange Application Store, a widely deployed Smart TV store with a worldwide catalogue of thousands of apps, to deliver next generation TV and OTT consumer experiences.
News categories: ACCESS CO, EKT, Netrange, Dr. Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
ACCESS acquires NetRange
Apr 16, 2019 – ACCESS Europe has acquired NetRange. The acquisition guarantees that the company’s customers will be able to deploy solutions spanning the entire connected entertainment portfolio inside the home, on-the-go and in connected vehicles.
News categories: ACCESS CO, NetRange, Dr. Neale Foster, Jan Wendt, Digital TV, In-Car, MnA, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
ACCESS CO and Irdeto partner to safeguard in-car data and services
Jan 8, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and Irdeto are partnering to safeguard in-car data and services. Vehicle connectivity can result in increased security threats. Infotainment systems could allow access to other connected components, rendering the vehicle's control systems open to attack.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Irdeto, Dr. Neale Foster, Niels Haverkorn, CES2021, Content Protection, In-Car, Worldwide
ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon launch customisable STB platform
Sep 11, 2018 – ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon have announced the launch of a complete customizable platform that enables operators and middleware companies to design any service for any content, delivered to the household TV. The platform will make its debut at IBC.
News categories: ACCESS CO, DTVKit, EKT, HiSilicon, Dr. Neale Foster, Phil Evans, Richard Smith, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS and ZEASN usher in next gen Smart TV experiences
Sep 6, 2018 – ACCESS and ZEASN have announced that they have combined ACCESS’ expertise in connected entertainment with ZEASN’s smart TV app store and embedded OS. The joint solution is based on ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser BE and ZEASN’s TV store and WhaleOS.
News categories: ACCESS CO, ZEASN, Dr. Neale Foster, Jason He, Apps, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
ACCESS and DTVKit pre-integrate browser and DVB components for HbbTV and HTML5
Sep 13, 2017 – ACCESS CO. and DTVKit have announced a collaboration to offer open standards-based solutions to the connected entertainment industry. Chromium browser and DVB components are pre-integrated for HbbTV and HTML5 connected applications.
News categories: ACCESS CO, DTVKit, Dr. Neale Foster, Phil Evans, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS and Zenterio showcase browser power at IBC 2017
Sep 7, 2017 – ACCESS CO. and Zenterio have announced demonstrations of their joint solution for operator services, combining Zenterio OS and JetUI with the NetFront Browser family for seamless experiences on all screens.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Zenterio, Dr. Neale Foster, Marco Frattolin, Digital TV, HTML5, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV