Digital TV News: EBS
New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
Nov 24, 2022 – Dotscreen has provided upgrades for two of its European multiscreen UI clients. TF1's MYTF1 Max App has launched on Samsung and LG Smart TVs in France, and RTBF has relaunched its Auvio App in Belgium.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, TF1, RTBF, Stanislas Leridon, Pascal-Hippolyte Besson, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Proximus selects 3SS to power Pickx TV experiences
Nov 10, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus has selected its 3Ready as the foundation for its next-generation TV Everywhere multi-device Pickx offering, replacing an incumbent solution.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX
ITVX streaming service to launch in the UK on 8th December
Nov 8, 2022 – ITV has announced the launch date of its free streaming platform ITVX. Replacing ITV Hub as the online home of all ITV content, viewers can expect a new and improved product experience.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
BARB makes Netflix viewing reporting widely available
Nov 2, 2022 – Netflix is now included in BARB's UK audience measurement for live and VOSDAL (viewed on same day as live) viewing, known as overnight viewing, as well as consolidated viewing, for viewing over a 7-day, 28-day or any user-defined period.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 30,000 in 3Q 2022
Nov 2, 2022 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending September 30, 2022. Net pay-TV subscribers increased 30,000 in the quarter, compared to a net decrease of 13,000 in the year-ago quarter.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
BitRouter completes successful trials of ZapperBox M1 ATSC receiver
Oct 19, 2022 – BitRouter has concluded successful beta trials of its ZapperBox M1 ATSC 3.0 and 1.0 receiver, covering NEXTGEN TV markets in the US as well as Jamaica. The company is shipping the latest version of its ATSC3pak software with each ZapperBox.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Jamaica, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
SkyShowtime to launch in the Netherlands and Portugal on 25 October
Oct 18, 2022 – SkyShowtime will become available in both the Netherlands and Portugal on 25 October 2022 following the launch in the Nordics last month. Expansion into Spain and Central and Eastern Europe is next.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Digital TV, Netherlands, Portugal, Streaming
Vodafone Turkey signs up with Cisco and Qwilt for content delivery
Oct 12, 2022 – Vodafone Turkey has signed an agreement with Cisco and Qwilt to enhance the quality and delivery capacity of its live streaming, VOD, and media applications to approximately 25 million subscribers in Turkey.
News categories: Qwilt, Vodafone Turkey, Cisco, Alon Maor, Levent Gemici, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Turkey
Netflix signs up to BARB measurement for the UK
Oct 12, 2022 – Netflix has signed up to BARB's measurement of what people across the UK are watching. For viewing from November 1st, BARB will report Netflix viewing every day at both a service and a programme level to its clients.
News categories: BARB, Netflix, Justin Sampson, Reed Hastings, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire