Digital TV News: Enrique Rodriguez
Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
Feb 10, 2020 – Liberty Global has announced a deal with Netflix that will allow it to continue to offer access to the service in Europe. Liberty Global plans to leverage its broadband networks to provide the streaming content alongside broadcast and on-demand programming.
News categories: Liberty Global, Netflix, Enrique Rodriguez, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box
Liberty Global announces Prime Video partnership with Amazon
Apr 23, 2019 – Liberty Global has announced a deal to make the Amazon Prime Video content and viewing experience available to Virgin Media TV customers in the UK. Virgin Media will be the first of Liberty Global's European operations to integrate the app.
News categories: Liberty Global, Prime Video, Virgin Media, Enrique Rodriguez, Jay Marine, Lutz Schüler, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Liberty Global launches 'Horizon 4' next-generation platform
Sep 19, 2018 – Liberty Global has unveiled its next-generation TV entertainment platform, 'Horizon 4'. The Horizon 4 suite of products includes an STB with 4K Ultra HD picture quality, a remote-control with voice capabilities and an upgraded version of Liberty's 'GO' mobile app.
News categories: Liberty Global, Enrique Rodriguez, Mark Giesbers, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
Altice USA deploys TiVo Personalized Content Discovery platform
Dec 20, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Altice USA has selected TiVo services to support its service offerings. Altice has deployed TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery platform to enable personalization and recommendation on its cloud-based connectivity platform, Altice One.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Altice USA, Enrique Rodriguez, Hakim Boubazine, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Patent, USA, UX
Microsoft Unites Software and Cloud Services to Power New TV Experiences
Jan 6, 2010 – At the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is announcing Microsoft Mediaroom 2.0, the next version of the world's most deployed Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) platform.
News categories: Microsoft, Enrique Rodriguez, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box
AT&T and Microsoft to Enable Shared Content Across TV, PC and Mobile Devices
Mar 31, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and AT&T (NYSE:T) have announced a collaborative effort to use Microsoft PlayReady content access and protection technology to enable shared content and converged entertainment experiences across AT&T's TV, broadband and wireless services.
News categories: Microsoft, AT&T, Enrique Rodriguez, Brian Shay, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
China Gets First Taste of Anytime TV
Jan 12, 2009 – Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) has announced that Guangzhou Digital Media Group has formally launched Zhujiang Digital, a connected TV service powered by the Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol television (IPTV) platform.
News categories: Microsoft, Guangzhou Digital Media, Enrique Rodriguez, Guan Zhijian, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware
Toshiba to Build on its Collaboration with Intel and Microsoft with New Internet- and PC-Connected AV Products
Jan 7, 2009 – Toshiba has announced a product initiative in collaboration with Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) that will allow users to quickly and easily access and enjoy a diverse range of content and information services in the home.
News categories: Toshiba, CES2020, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Transition From Broadcast to Connected TV Gathers Momentum as Microsoft Mediaroom-Powered Services Surpasses 2 Million Subscribers
Nov 11, 2008 – In less than a year, subscribers to TV services powered by the Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia software have more than doubled, reaching over 2 million homes and powering services on nearly 4 million set-top boxes.
News categories: Microsoft, AT&T, Enrique Rodriguez, G.W. Shaw, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs