Digital TV News: Enrique Rodriguez
Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
Feb 10, 2020 – Liberty Global has announced a deal with Netflix that will allow it to continue to offer access to the service in Europe. Liberty Global plans to leverage its broadband networks to provide the streaming content alongside broadcast and on-demand programming.
News categories: Liberty Global, Netflix, Enrique Rodriguez, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box
Liberty Global announces Prime Video partnership with Amazon
Apr 23, 2019 – Liberty Global has announced a deal to make the Amazon Prime Video content and viewing experience available to Virgin Media TV customers in the UK. Virgin Media will be the first of Liberty Global's European operations to integrate the app.
News categories: Liberty Global, Prime Video, Virgin Media, Enrique Rodriguez, Jay Marine, Lutz Schüler, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Liberty Global launches 'Horizon 4' next-generation platform
Sep 19, 2018 – Liberty Global has unveiled its next-generation TV entertainment platform, 'Horizon 4'. The Horizon 4 suite of products includes an STB with 4K Ultra HD picture quality, a remote-control with voice capabilities and an upgraded version of Liberty's 'GO' mobile app.
News categories: Liberty Global, Enrique Rodriguez, Mark Giesbers, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
Altice USA deploys TiVo Personalized Content Discovery platform
Dec 20, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Altice USA has selected TiVo services to support its service offerings. Altice has deployed TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery platform to enable personalization and recommendation on its cloud-based connectivity platform, Altice One.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Altice USA, Enrique Rodriguez, Hakim Boubazine, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Patent, USA, UX
Microsoft Unites Software and Cloud Services to Power New TV Experiences
Jan 6, 2010 – At the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is announcing Microsoft Mediaroom 2.0, the next version of the world's most deployed Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) platform.
News categories: Microsoft, Enrique Rodriguez, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box
AT&T and Microsoft to Enable Shared Content Across TV, PC and Mobile Devices
Mar 31, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and AT&T (NYSE:T) have announced a collaborative effort to use Microsoft PlayReady content access and protection technology to enable shared content and converged entertainment experiences across AT&T's TV, broadband and wireless services.
News categories: Microsoft, AT&T, Enrique Rodriguez, Brian Shay, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
China Gets First Taste of Anytime TV
Jan 12, 2009 – Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) has announced that Guangzhou Digital Media Group has formally launched Zhujiang Digital, a connected TV service powered by the Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol television (IPTV) platform.
News categories: Microsoft, Guangzhou Digital Media, Enrique Rodriguez, Guan Zhijian, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware
Toshiba to Build on its Collaboration with Intel and Microsoft with New Internet- and PC-Connected AV Products
Jan 7, 2009 – Toshiba has announced a product initiative in collaboration with Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) that will allow users to quickly and easily access and enjoy a diverse range of content and information services in the home.
News categories: Toshiba, CES2020, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Transition From Broadcast to Connected TV Gathers Momentum as Microsoft Mediaroom-Powered Services Surpasses 2 Million Subscribers
Nov 11, 2008 – In less than a year, subscribers to TV services powered by the Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia software have more than doubled, reaching over 2 million homes and powering services on nearly 4 million set-top boxes.
News categories: Microsoft, AT&T, Enrique Rodriguez, G.W. Shaw, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019