Digital TV News: Iliad
Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
Sep 21, 2020 – The Strategy Committee of HoldCo and the Board of Directors of iliad have approved the launch of a public tender offer for all of the shares making up the capital of the Polish telecom operator, Play.
News categories: iliad, Play, Thomas Reynaud, Jean-Marc Harion, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Poland
Free includes 4K TV channel in basic offer
Nov 5, 2015 – French telecommunications provider, Free, has announced that its fibre subscribers now have access to the first 4K (Ultra HD) TV channel – Festival 4K. The channel is included in the basic offer of their Freebox package.
News categories: Iliad, Digital TV, Fibre, France, IPTV
Broadcom powers Free's Android TV 4K set-top box
Mar 11, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that it is powering the first Ultra HD Android TV set-top box. Offered by Free, the Freebox STB delivers a suite of streaming, terrestrial, on-demand and recorded content at up to four times the resolution of current HD television.
News categories: Broadcom, Free, Rich Nelson, Sebastien Boutruche, Android TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
France's Free launches first Android TV 4K STB and gateway
Mar 10, 2015 – Free, a subsidiary of France's Iliad Group, has announced the launch of its 'Freebox mini 4K' the world's first Ultra HD gateway/set-top box combination to run Android TV. Designed by Free's own Freebox R&D team, the gateway consists of two units - a Server and a Player.
News categories: Iliad, Android TV, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Iliad's Freebox v7 may be based on Android TV
Sep 24, 2014 – According to FRAndroid, the next Free set-top box, Freebox v7, could be based on Google's Android TV. ILIAD, the parent company of Free, has already indicated that the v7 box would be available in 2015.
News categories: Iliad, Android TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Emerging markets driving growth in pay-TV market
Feb 18, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 1st edition Pay TV Subscriber Database. The top 5 satellite providers by subscribers are DIRECTV US, DISH Network, DIRECTV Latin America, Tata Sky, and BSkyB.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
Nov 7, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research's Pay TV Subscriber Database, from 4Q12 to 1Q13, IPTV subscribers grew over 6% worldwide, while cable video subs declined around 1%.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
World's 20 largest IPTV operators serve 83% of global IPTV households
Jun 6, 2013 – An SNL Kagan analysis of the world's 20 largest IPTV providers shows that a handful of operators dominate the global IPTV market with a geographic concentration in Western Europe and Asia-Pacific.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Julija Jurkevic, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Subscribers
Cable TV Losing Subscribers to Satellite and IPTV
Nov 20, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its November 2012 Pay TV Services and Subscribers report, which forecasts and analyzes the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services markets.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online