Digital TV News: Iliad
Play Group acquires 92.5% of Redge Technologies
Jul 7, 2022 – The Play Group (part of iliad) has acquired 92.5% of Redge Technologies. The residual 7.5% remains with Przemysław Frasunek, CEO and Co-Founder of the company. In 2021, Redge Technologies had revenues in excess of €7.5 million.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Play Group, Przemysław Frasunek, Tomasz Potapczuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, MandA, Poland, Streaming
Liberty Global completes sale of UPC Poland to Iliad
Apr 1, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has completed the previously announced sale of UPC Poland to iliad S.A.’s Polish mobile subsidiary Play for an enterprise value of PLN 7.0 billion ($1.7 billion)
News categories: Liberty Global, iliad, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
Sep 22, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has reached a definitive agreement to sell its operations in Poland to iliad's Polish mobile subsidiary Play. UPC Poland has 1.4 million video subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Global, iliad, Play, UPC Polska, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
Jul 29, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q2 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses were at 41,900 in the quarter. Liberty has received a non-binding offer from Iliad to acquire 100% of UPC Poland.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
Sep 21, 2020 – The Strategy Committee of HoldCo and the Board of Directors of iliad have approved the launch of a public tender offer for all of the shares making up the capital of the Polish telecom operator, Play.
News categories: iliad, Play, Thomas Reynaud, Jean-Marc Harion, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Poland
Free includes 4K TV channel in basic offer
Nov 5, 2015 – French telecommunications provider, Free, has announced that its fibre subscribers now have access to the first 4K (Ultra HD) TV channel – Festival 4K. The channel is included in the basic offer of their Freebox package.
News categories: Iliad, Digital TV, Fibre, France, IPTV
Broadcom powers Free's Android TV 4K set-top box
Mar 11, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that it is powering the first Ultra HD Android TV set-top box. Offered by Free, the Freebox STB delivers a suite of streaming, terrestrial, on-demand and recorded content at up to four times the resolution of current HD television.
News categories: Broadcom, Free, Rich Nelson, Sebastien Boutruche, Android TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
France's Free launches first Android TV 4K STB and gateway
Mar 10, 2015 – Free, a subsidiary of France's Iliad Group, has announced the launch of its 'Freebox mini 4K' the world's first Ultra HD gateway/set-top box combination to run Android TV. Designed by Free's own Freebox R&D team, the gateway consists of two units - a Server and a Player.
News categories: Iliad, Android TV, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.