Digital TV News: Kabel Deutschland
RDK now on more than 60 million devices
Mar 19, 2020 – RDK Management has announced that RDK software now powers more than 60 million devices deployed by service providers around the world. RDK is an open source software platform that standardizes core functions used in broadband, video, and IoT connected devices.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
More than 40 million devices now running RDK
Mar 20, 2018 – At the 2018 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided its annual update about the adoption of the RDK software used to power customer-premises equipment (CPE) from video and broadband services providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
RDK now powers 25 million STBs and broadband gateways
May 17, 2017 – At the 2017 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided an update on the adoption of RDK (Reference Design Kit) software. RDK now powers more than 25 million set-top boxes and broadband gateways globally.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2021, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
3SS updates UI for Kabel Deutschland Select Video VOD service
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Kabel Deutschland, Kai-Christian Borchers, Hagen Bossert, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
Vodafone TV service to launch in UK in Q1 2016
Nov 10, 2015 – Vodafone has announced results for the six months ended 30 September 2015. In Europe, the company had 9.2 million TV customers at the end of the period. Vodafone launched consumer broadband in the UK in October, with a TV service to follow.
News categories: Vodafone, Germany, IPTV, Results, Spain, Subscribers, UK
Telcos snapping at heels of established pay TV operators
Sep 17, 2015 – According to Futuresource Consulting, following a number of false starts in Western Europe, IPTV homes are now a viable platform, hitting 27 million in 2014, 15% of all TV households, with growth of 30% expected between now and 2019.
News categories: Futuresource, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Pay TV providers embrace OTT video and 'skinny' bundles
May 21, 2015 – The global pay TV services market, including cable TV, satellite TV, telco TV and over-the-top (OTT) video, totaled $237 billion in 2014, up 7 percent from the previous year, according to the 2015 IHS Infonetics Pay TV Services and Subscribers report.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Kabel Deutschland selects Kaltura to power its TV App
Feb 9, 2015 – Kaltura has announced that Kabel Deutschland has selected Kaltura OTT TV to power its TV App. The first phase of the multi-screen TV service includes live TV for iOS devices.
News categories: Kaltura, Kabel Deutschland, Ron Yekutiel, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, TV Everywhere
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius