Digital TV News: Kabel Deutschland
RDK now on more than 60 million devices
Mar 19, 2020 – RDK Management has announced that RDK software now powers more than 60 million devices deployed by service providers around the world. RDK is an open source software platform that standardizes core functions used in broadband, video, and IoT connected devices.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
More than 40 million devices now running RDK
Mar 20, 2018 – At the 2018 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided its annual update about the adoption of the RDK software used to power customer-premises equipment (CPE) from video and broadband services providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
RDK now powers 25 million STBs and broadband gateways
May 17, 2017 – At the 2017 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided an update on the adoption of RDK (Reference Design Kit) software. RDK now powers more than 25 million set-top boxes and broadband gateways globally.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
3SS updates UI for Kabel Deutschland Select Video VOD service
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Kabel Deutschland, Kai-Christian Borchers, Hagen Bossert, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
Vodafone TV service to launch in UK in Q1 2016
Nov 10, 2015 – Vodafone has announced results for the six months ended 30 September 2015. In Europe, the company had 9.2 million TV customers at the end of the period. Vodafone launched consumer broadband in the UK in October, with a TV service to follow.
News categories: Vodafone, Germany, IPTV, Results, Spain, Subscribers, UK
Telcos snapping at heels of established pay TV operators
Sep 17, 2015 – According to Futuresource Consulting, following a number of false starts in Western Europe, IPTV homes are now a viable platform, hitting 27 million in 2014, 15% of all TV households, with growth of 30% expected between now and 2019.
News categories: Futuresource, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Pay TV providers embrace OTT video and 'skinny' bundles
May 21, 2015 – The global pay TV services market, including cable TV, satellite TV, telco TV and over-the-top (OTT) video, totaled $237 billion in 2014, up 7 percent from the previous year, according to the 2015 IHS Infonetics Pay TV Services and Subscribers report.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Kabel Deutschland selects Kaltura to power its TV App
Feb 9, 2015 – Kaltura has announced that Kabel Deutschland has selected Kaltura OTT TV to power its TV App. The first phase of the multi-screen TV service includes live TV for iOS devices.
News categories: Kaltura, Kabel Deutschland, Ron Yekutiel, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, TV Everywhere
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results