Digital TV News: Kabel Deutschland
Kabel Deutschland reports 4Q 2014 results
Feb 4, 2015 – Kabel Deutschland has released results for the quarter ended December 31, 2014. In Premium TV, Kabel Deutschland recorded 55 thousand RGU net additions in the third quarter of fiscal year 2014/15.
News categories: Kabel Deutschland, Cable TV, Germany, Results, Subscribers
Kabel Deutschland to create next generation video service with Cisco
Jan 5, 2015 – Kabel Deutschland (KD) has announced a partnership with Cisco to create its next generation video service. The service converges TV content, including broadcast, on-demand, catch-up, and time-shift TV with Internet video of all types, to create a video-hub for the home.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Kabel Deutschland, Cable TV, CES2022, Content Distribution, Germany, IFA
Subscriber numbers to fall for 40 of Europe's Pay TV operators
Oct 8, 2014 – A report from Digital TV Research forecasts that subscriber numbers will fall for 40 of Europe's pay TV operators between 2013 and 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
RDK Management announces availability of DVB components
Jun 11, 2014 – RDK Management has announced that the Reference Design Kit (RDK) now provides key components for the Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) standard that is widely used throughout Europe and other parts of the world.
News categories: RDK Management, SeaChange, Steve Heeb, Shiva Patibanda, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, RDK, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
S3 Group selected by Kabel Deutschland for end-to-end service validation
May 12, 2014 – S3 Group has announced that it has been selected by Kabel Deutschland, Germany's largest cable network operator, to help it scale and validate video services on various consumer premises equipment (CPE).
News categories: S3 Group, Kabel Deutschland, Bernd Hansen, Philip Brennan, Wolfgang Zeller, John Maguire, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Germany, QoE
Liberty Global joins RDK venture
Mar 13, 2014 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) and RDK Management have announced the strategic addition of Liberty Global as a new member in the RDK joint venture.
News categories: RDK Management, Liberty Global, Balan Nair, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Licensing, RDK, USA
Kabel Deutschland joins RDK community
Feb 11, 2014 – Kabel Deutschland has announced that it has licensed the Reference Design Kit from RDK Management aimed at accelerating the development of in-home devices and video services.
News categories: RDK Management, Kabel Deutschland, Lorenz Glatz, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Licensing, RDK, Set Top Box
Kabel Deutschland adds 76,000 pay TV subscribers in 2013
Feb 5, 2014 – Kabel Deutschland (KDH) has released results for the quarter ended December 31, 2013. The recovery of the Premium TV business continued in Q3 with 86 thousand RGU net adds quarter on quarter after a weaker H1.
News categories: Kabel Deutschland, Cable TV, DVR, Germany, Results, Subscribers
Liberty Global extends its dominance in Europe
Nov 13, 2013 – Pay TV subscriptions for the 102 operators across 26 countries covered in a new report from Digital TV Research will increase from a collective 105.8 million in 2008 to 131.9 million in 2012 and onto 147.1 million by 2018.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion