Digital TV News: Mediaset
Mediaset España selects Unified Streaming technology
May 3, 2022 – Unified Streaming is partnering with Mediaset España to optimize Mediaset's live streaming and linear programming. Mediaset España is also implementing Unified technology for content protection and to package its VOD catalog, with and without DRM.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Mediaset, Ewout Meijer, Manuel Jesús Guisado, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Spain
Media Broadcast renews Freenet HbbTV portal contract with DOTSCREEN
Apr 12, 2022 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support, and maintenance of the Freenet HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN was the original designer and developer of the portal in 2016.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Stanislas Leridon, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, UX
Details of HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 announced
Sep 29, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has announced that the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 will take place as an in-person event on November 24-25 at the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris in France.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Salto, Vincent Grivet, Thomas Follin, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Dataxis perspectives on advanced TV advertising in Europe
May 19, 2021 – With new capabilities brought onto TV screens by the deployment of IP based reception and digital OTT services, opportunities are flourishing for advanced advertising products bridging the gap between TV and digital.
News categories: Dataxis, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
May 3, 2021 – Vivendi (Paris:VIV), Fininvest and Mediaset have announced that they have come to a global agreement to put an end to their disputes by waiving all litigation and claims between them.
News categories: Vivendi, Fininvest, Mediaset, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
DOTSCREEN retains freenet TV HbbTV portal contract
Feb 10, 2021 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support and maintenance of the freenet TV HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN has maintained the portal for the last four years.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, HbbTV, UX
Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
Jan 12, 2021 – Intertrust has announced that Cellnex Telecom will use its ExpressPlay DRM cloud service to protect Cellnex' LOVEStv, an HbbTV platform combining over-the-air TV with OTT streaming for broadcasters in Spain.
News categories: Intertrust, Cellnex, Ali Hodjat, Xavi Redón, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, Spain, Terrestrial
Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
Feb 11, 2020 – Irdeto has partnered with Mediaset España to securely deliver content through its OTT service, Mitele Plus. Mediaset España has been able to simplify operations by supporting multiple DRMs and sharing head-end infrastructure.
News categories: Irdeto, Mitele, Shane McCarthy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Spain, Streaming
Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
Nov 13, 2019 – Fincons Group has announced that it will be showcasing its Smart Digital Platform at this year’s HbbTV Symposium and Awards in Athens. The solution is the first to be entirely compatible with both European HbbTV and U.S. ATSC 3.0 standards.
News categories: Fincons Group, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- More TV programmers tap Beachfront and Canoe to optimize ad revenues
- Accedo powers TVO and TVOkids apps in Canada
- Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
- TV panel prices break five quarter fall in October
- 3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
- VideoAmp adds second-by-second ad performance measurement
- LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
- Almost 2/3s of U.S. video streaming subscribers canceled a service in the last year
- Disney+ and Star+ relaunch on PS5 consoles
- 4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22