Digital TV News: Michael Stattmann
Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 12, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart multimedia SoC is an approved Widevine CAS solution for Android TV. With castLabs, the trio will demonstrate an end-to-end Widevine CAS workflow at the APAC Android TV Summit.
News categories: Synaptics, castLabs, Widevine, Saleel Awsare, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Zappware and castLabs deliver new WIND Hellas TV service
Sep 6, 2018 – castLabs has partnered with Zappware to provide an end-to-end premium video delivery solution for WIND VISION, a new TV service by WIND Hellas, the first in Greece with both Android TV and Netflix.
News categories: Zappware, castLabs, WIND Hellas, Patrick Vos, Michael Stattmann, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Greece, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, UX
Agama service assurance pre-integrated with castLabs’ video player
Sep 4, 2018 – Agama Technologies and castLabs have announced a partnership to deliver a pre-integrated player SDK solution for video service quality assurance aimed at OTT service providers.
News categories: Agama, castLabs, Johan Görsjö, Michael Stattmann, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
castLabs and Broadpeak debut CMAF-compliant ultra-low latency playback solution
Aug 30, 2018 – castLabs and Broadpeak have announced a CMAF compliant solution for ultra-low latency playback. The end-to-end solution can reduce transmission time to less than a second, competitive with satellite live broadcasting.
News categories: castLabs, Broadpeak, Michael Stattmann, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
ContentArmor video watermarking integrated with castLabs Video Toolkit
Aug 28, 2018 – castLabs and ContentArmor have announced a collaboration to integrate session-based video watermarking with castLabs' Video Toolkit for OTT and in-flight entertainment (IFE) deployments.
News categories: castLabs, ContentArmor, Michael Stattmann, Alain Durand, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
castLabs deploys multi-DRM license delivery at M6 Group
Jul 11, 2018 – castLabs has announced the deployment of multi-DRM license delivery network technology at M6 Group across its VoD and live streaming digital platform 6play. Adopting HTML5 playback, M6 Group sought a proven solution to simplify the task of DRM licensing across all screens.
News categories: castLabs, M6 Group, Michael Stattmann, Valéry Gerfaud, Digital TV, DRM, France, HTML5, Mobile, OTT
SeaChange launches cloud-based, E2E multiscreen video delivery platform
May 31, 2018 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has debuted a video management and delivery platform, PanoramiC, that equips video providers with a cloud-based, end-to-end service designed to optimize and personalize their viewers’ video experience.
News categories: SeaChange, Ed Terino, Jacques Le Mancq, Michael Stattmann, Michel Artières, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Worldwide
castLabs DRMtoday integrated with AWS Elemental workflows
Jan 9, 2018 – castLabs has announced API integration between castLabs’ DRMtoday cloud content licensing service and AWS Elemental MediaConvert and AWS Elemental MediaPackage services.
News categories: castLabs, AWS Elemental, Michael Stattmann, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Broadpeak and castLabs develop multi-product integrations
Aug 31, 2017 – castLabs has announced integration of their PRESTOplay video player SDKs and DRMtoday license delivery network with Broadpeak, a provider of CDN technologies for content providers and pay-TV operators worldwide.
News categories: castLabs, Broadpeak, Michael Stattmann, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering