Digital TV News: Michael Stattmann
castLabs partners with SDMC on Widevine CAS integration
Nov 7, 2022 – castLabs has announced a collaboration with SDMC to simplify operator deployments of Widevine CAS protected content streaming with lower integration cost and turnaround time than today's practices.
News categories: castLabs, SDMC, Michael Stattmann, Ryan Yan, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
Jan 26, 2022 – castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ have announced that they have been working together. Lemonade.TV+ is using castLabs DRM licensing service and video playback software to allow viewers to engage with Lemonade.TV+ using their home devices.
News categories: castLabs, Lemonade.TV, Michael Stattmann, Chris Anastas, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, USA
Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 12, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart multimedia SoC is an approved Widevine CAS solution for Android TV. With castLabs, the trio will demonstrate an end-to-end Widevine CAS workflow at the APAC Android TV Summit.
News categories: Synaptics, castLabs, Widevine, Saleel Awsare, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Zappware and castLabs deliver new WIND Hellas TV service
Sep 6, 2018 – castLabs has partnered with Zappware to provide an end-to-end premium video delivery solution for WIND VISION, a new TV service by WIND Hellas, the first in Greece with both Android TV and Netflix.
News categories: Zappware, castLabs, WIND Hellas, Patrick Vos, Michael Stattmann, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Greece, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
Agama service assurance pre-integrated with castLabs’ video player
Sep 4, 2018 – Agama Technologies and castLabs have announced a partnership to deliver a pre-integrated player SDK solution for video service quality assurance aimed at OTT service providers.
News categories: Agama, castLabs, Johan Görsjö, Michael Stattmann, Digital TV, IBC2023, Media Player, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
castLabs and Broadpeak debut CMAF-compliant ultra-low latency playback solution
Aug 30, 2018 – castLabs and Broadpeak have announced a CMAF compliant solution for ultra-low latency playback. The end-to-end solution can reduce transmission time to less than a second, competitive with satellite live broadcasting.
News categories: castLabs, Broadpeak, Michael Stattmann, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
ContentArmor video watermarking integrated with castLabs Video Toolkit
Aug 28, 2018 – castLabs and ContentArmor have announced a collaboration to integrate session-based video watermarking with castLabs' Video Toolkit for OTT and in-flight entertainment (IFE) deployments.
News categories: castLabs, ContentArmor, Michael Stattmann, Alain Durand, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
castLabs deploys multi-DRM license delivery at M6 Group
Jul 11, 2018 – castLabs has announced the deployment of multi-DRM license delivery network technology at M6 Group across its VoD and live streaming digital platform 6play. Adopting HTML5 playback, M6 Group sought a proven solution to simplify the task of DRM licensing across all screens.
News categories: castLabs, M6 Group, Michael Stattmann, Valéry Gerfaud, Digital TV, DRM, France, HTML5, Mobile, Streaming
SeaChange launches cloud-based, E2E multiscreen video delivery platform
May 31, 2018 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has debuted a video management and delivery platform, PanoramiC, that equips video providers with a cloud-based, end-to-end service designed to optimize and personalize their viewers’ video experience.
News categories: SeaChange, Ed Terino, Jacques Le Mancq, Michael Stattmann, Michel Artières, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024