Digital TV News: Mr. Fang
MaxLinear and Geniatech target live TV on mobile devices
Apr 11, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Geniatech has selected its MxL692 ATSC receiver to bring live digital television to Android mobile devices. The MxL692 is the industry’s first single-channel integrated ATSC receiver IC.
News categories: MaxLinear, Geniatech, Will Torgerson, Mr. Fang, ATSC, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Geniatech and MaxLinear show ATSC TV home distribution system at CES2018
Jan 8, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that it will join with Geniatech at CES to showcase NetAerial, the first integrated live TV distribution system for the home network. The NetAerial unit combines a TV antenna, two ATSC TV tuners and a G.hn powerline network adapter.
News categories: MaxLinear, Geniatech, Will Torgerson, Mr. Fang, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Terrestrial, USA
PCCW's OTT service adds additional investors
Aug 10, 2017 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) is introducing Hony Capital, Foxconn Ventures and Temasek as investors in PCCW International OTT (Cayman Islands) Holdings Limited. The strategic investment will strengthen PCCW OTT’s ability to enhance its core value proposition of relevant content.
News categories: PCCW, Hony Capital, Foxconn, Janice Lee, John Zhao, Fang Ming Lu, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
ViXS partners with Geniatech on OEM-ready dual tuner OTA streamer
Jan 5, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has partnered with Geniatech on a white label OEM ready Over-the-Air (OTA) dual tuner streaming product, CordCutter TV Dual to be demonstrated at CES 2017.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Geniatech, Anselmo Pilla, Mr. Fang, CES2020, Digital TV, Gateway, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA
Broadpeak nanoCDN integrated with Geniatech Android STBs
Apr 9, 2015 – Broadpeak has announced that its nanoCDN technology has been integrated with the ATV1800 Android TV box from Geniatech, providing operators with a way to deliver OTT video using only a few megabits per second of their network.
News categories: Broadpeak, Geniatech, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Verimatrix Provides Content Security for VNPT's IPTV Rollout
Sep 7, 2009 – Verimatrix has announced that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV is securing IPTV services from Vietnam Post and Telecommunication Corporation (VNPT), the tier one fixed line incumbent telco in Vietnam.
News categories: Verimatrix, VNPT, ZTE, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Vietnam, Watermarking
Beltelecom Deploys Verimatrix Content Security to Protect IPTV Service
Jun 16, 2009 – Verimatrix has announced the deployment of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV with Beltelecom, a National Telecommunications Operator of the Republic of Belarus.
News categories: Verimatrix, Beltelecom, ZTE, Belarus, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues