Digital TV News: Nokia Siemens Networks
Nokia Siemens Networks closes the sale of Belgacom related IPTV assets
Oct 2, 2012 – Nokia Siemens Networks has closed the sale of its Belgacom related IPTV assets to Belgacom. The divestment is part of Nokia Siemens Networks' strategy to focus on mobile broadband and services.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV, MandA, Middleware
Accenture Acquires IPTV Assets from Nokia Siemens Networks
Oct 1, 2012 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has acquired the software and skills of Nokia Siemens Networks IPTV business. The newly-acquired IPTV software, assets and capabilities will be integrated with the Accenture Video Solution.
News categories: Accenture, Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, IPTV, MandA, Middleware, Streaming
Nokia Siemens Networks takes multiscreen TV to next level at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – At IBC, Nokia Siemens Networks is demonstrating how it has evolved its multiscreen entertainment vision by allowing end-users to enjoy their content and services anytime, anywhere and on any device.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, IBC2022, Streaming
Espial Powers KPU Telecommunications On-Demand Video Services
Aug 29, 2011 – Espial® (TSX:ESP) has announced that KPU Telecommunications is now delivering premium on-demand video services to its IPTV subscribers in Ketchikan, Alaska using Espial MediaBase and Nokia Siemens Networks IPTV Middleware.
News categories: Espial, KPU Telecommunications, Nokia Siemens Networks, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Bulgaria gets superfast broadband and new services with fiber to the home
Jul 5, 2011 – EVO Ltd, a regional ISP in Bulgaria, has started offering higher bandwidth and new, high-quality data services such as IPTV, to its customers. Nokia Siemens Networks is supplying its Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) technology for the upgrade.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, EVO Ltd, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV
Belgacom delivers improved digital TV experience
Jun 7, 2011 – Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) has introduced a new technology enabling almost instantaneous channel switching while improving the image quality of its digital TV service. The technology was provided by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and integrated by Nokia Siemens Networks.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Cisco Systems, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
HD TV broadcasts via LTE pilot networks of Telefónica O2 Germany
Dec 17, 2010 – The LTE pilot networks of Telefónica O2 Germany (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) in Halle an der Saale and Teutschenthal have been successfully put into operation. Telefónica O2 Germany has given an impressive display of the applications that are possible with LTE.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Telefónica O2, 5G, Broadband, Content Distribution, Germany, IPTV, Streaming
Nokia Siemens Networks and KPN extend service contract for iTV
Sep 16, 2010 – Nokia Siemens Networks is providing KPN (Amsterdam: KPN) with a complete iTV solution including Nokia Siemens Networks' Ubiquity Multiscreen TV Platform client which will enable faster development of new TV streaming based applications.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, KPN, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands, Set Top Box, Streaming
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December