Digital TV News: Nokia Siemens Networks
Nokia Siemens Networks closes the sale of Belgacom related IPTV assets
Oct 2, 2012 – Nokia Siemens Networks has closed the sale of its Belgacom related IPTV assets to Belgacom. The divestment is part of Nokia Siemens Networks' strategy to focus on mobile broadband and services.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV, MandA, Middleware
Accenture Acquires IPTV Assets from Nokia Siemens Networks
Oct 1, 2012 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has acquired the software and skills of Nokia Siemens Networks IPTV business. The newly-acquired IPTV software, assets and capabilities will be integrated with the Accenture Video Solution.
News categories: Accenture, Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, IPTV, MandA, Middleware, Streaming
Nokia Siemens Networks takes multiscreen TV to next level at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – At IBC, Nokia Siemens Networks is demonstrating how it has evolved its multiscreen entertainment vision by allowing end-users to enjoy their content and services anytime, anywhere and on any device.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, IBC2023, Streaming
Espial Powers KPU Telecommunications On-Demand Video Services
Aug 29, 2011 – Espial® (TSX:ESP) has announced that KPU Telecommunications is now delivering premium on-demand video services to its IPTV subscribers in Ketchikan, Alaska using Espial MediaBase and Nokia Siemens Networks IPTV Middleware.
News categories: Espial, KPU Telecommunications, Nokia Siemens Networks, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Bulgaria gets superfast broadband and new services with fiber to the home
Jul 5, 2011 – EVO Ltd, a regional ISP in Bulgaria, has started offering higher bandwidth and new, high-quality data services such as IPTV, to its customers. Nokia Siemens Networks is supplying its Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) technology for the upgrade.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, EVO Ltd, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV
Belgacom delivers improved digital TV experience
Jun 7, 2011 – Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) has introduced a new technology enabling almost instantaneous channel switching while improving the image quality of its digital TV service. The technology was provided by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and integrated by Nokia Siemens Networks.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Cisco Systems, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
HD TV broadcasts via LTE pilot networks of Telefónica O2 Germany
Dec 17, 2010 – The LTE pilot networks of Telefónica O2 Germany (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) in Halle an der Saale and Teutschenthal have been successfully put into operation. Telefónica O2 Germany has given an impressive display of the applications that are possible with LTE.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Telefónica O2, 5G, Broadband, Content Distribution, Germany, IPTV, Streaming
Nokia Siemens Networks and KPN extend service contract for iTV
Sep 16, 2010 – Nokia Siemens Networks is providing KPN (Amsterdam: KPN) with a complete iTV solution including Nokia Siemens Networks' Ubiquity Multiscreen TV Platform client which will enable faster development of new TV streaming based applications.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, KPN, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands, Set Top Box, Streaming
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond