Digital TV News: Nokia Siemens Networks
Nokia Siemens Networks closes the sale of Belgacom related IPTV assets
Oct 2, 2012 – Nokia Siemens Networks has closed the sale of its Belgacom related IPTV assets to Belgacom. The divestment is part of Nokia Siemens Networks' strategy to focus on mobile broadband and services.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV, MandA, Middleware
Accenture Acquires IPTV Assets from Nokia Siemens Networks
Oct 1, 2012 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has acquired the software and skills of Nokia Siemens Networks IPTV business. The newly-acquired IPTV software, assets and capabilities will be integrated with the Accenture Video Solution.
News categories: Accenture, Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, IPTV, MandA, Middleware, OTT
Nokia Siemens Networks takes multiscreen TV to next level at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – At IBC, Nokia Siemens Networks is demonstrating how it has evolved its multiscreen entertainment vision by allowing end-users to enjoy their content and services anytime, anywhere and on any device.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, OTT
Espial Powers KPU Telecommunications On-Demand Video Services
Aug 29, 2011 – Espial® (TSX:ESP) has announced that KPU Telecommunications is now delivering premium on-demand video services to its IPTV subscribers in Ketchikan, Alaska using Espial MediaBase and Nokia Siemens Networks IPTV Middleware.
News categories: Espial, KPU Telecommunications, Nokia Siemens Networks, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Bulgaria gets superfast broadband and new services with fiber to the home
Jul 5, 2011 – EVO Ltd, a regional ISP in Bulgaria, has started offering higher bandwidth and new, high-quality data services such as IPTV, to its customers. Nokia Siemens Networks is supplying its Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) technology for the upgrade.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, EVO Ltd, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV
Belgacom delivers improved digital TV experience
Jun 7, 2011 – Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) has introduced a new technology enabling almost instantaneous channel switching while improving the image quality of its digital TV service. The technology was provided by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and integrated by Nokia Siemens Networks.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Cisco Systems, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
HD TV broadcasts via LTE pilot networks of Telefónica O2 Germany
Dec 17, 2010 – The LTE pilot networks of Telefónica O2 Germany (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) in Halle an der Saale and Teutschenthal have been successfully put into operation. Telefónica O2 Germany has given an impressive display of the applications that are possible with LTE.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Telefónica O2, 5G, Broadband, Content Distribution, Germany, IPTV, OTT
Nokia Siemens Networks and KPN extend service contract for iTV
Sep 16, 2010 – Nokia Siemens Networks is providing KPN (Amsterdam: KPN) with a complete iTV solution including Nokia Siemens Networks' Ubiquity Multiscreen TV Platform client which will enable faster development of new TV streaming based applications.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, KPN, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product